Some guys shouldn't own classic cars

j-bird

Well I know we have some car guys on here and when I saw this I had to take a pic and share. From a classic car guy perspective if this doesn't make you think WTF - nothing will.

Someone put a "go fast" spoiler on a classic late 60's dart - that isn't photoshop - it's really there. Like I said WTF! The sign shouldn't say "for sale" it should say "please save me".

dart.jpg

Is a dart considered a classic? It's like a pinto with a trunk stuck on it.

It would make a great street sleeper......with a hemi under the hood and some big tires on the back. ;)

Is a dart considered a classic? It's like a pinto with a trunk stuck on it.
My son is a huge mopar guy and loves darts! It may not be a top level "classic", but it sure deserves better treatment than a stupid "go fast" wing like that! Might as well lower it, put those huge wheels on it with the low profile tires and make it jump around! Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD - exhibit A!!!
It would make a great street sleeper......with a hemi under the hood and some big tires on the back. ;)
My boy said the same thing Foggy - he said that is what he would do with it - AFTER he kicked the guys butt for putting that stupid wing on it!!!

Perfect sleeper, if that has a hemi you better keep it between the lines.

Hemi...that little car would fly with a 383 under the hood!

I saw a little import with a muffler the size of a coffee can and a big wing on the trunk lid. I saw the kid getting into it and I asked him about the wing and why he had it. He said for traction. I said if that's the case you need to mount it on the hood cause you have front wheel drive car.

On the dart a 440 with a 6 pack.

On the dart a 440 with a 6 pack.

Man would that be something. I hope there would be heavy duty "oh shit handles" installed in that car.

Man would that be something. I hope there would be heavy duty "oh shit handles" installed in that car.
They remove them for the weight reduction!!!!!

I said if that's the case you need to mount it on the hood cause you have front wheel drive car.

That's funny, I'll use that line.

Poor little Dart.

As for it being a classic. Anything made of thin steel and unibody construction still on 4 wheels after all this time is a classic. IMHO.

These are the only wings that should go on cars, these cars.

4C931B87-92CC-4374-9FD2-09E3024761A6.jpg

If I could've liked it 6 times I would have! Superbird's and Daytona's are some of the coolest cars ever made!

If I could've liked it 6 times I would have! Superbird's and Daytona's are some of the coolest cars ever made!
Some of us have "superbird" dreams on a "dart" budget!

I would agree j-bird!

Calling a Dart "classic" is a bit of a stretch.....don't you think? The same could be said for Ford Falcons and Pontiac Grand Am's. Not classic in my book. :)

Calling a Dart "classic" is a bit of a stretch.....don't you think? The same could be said for Ford Falcons and Pontiac Grand Am's. Not classic in my book. :)

I've been to Mopar shows that have late 70's early 80's Cordobas and Ford shows with Mavericks. :D

Classically old and cheap is still classic. Heck a 71 cuda Hemi convertible was a red headed step child next to a fully loaded Vette in 71. But I've never seen any 71 Vette go for over $1 mil.

Never know what's going to be the ugly gosling or the swan.

But I agree a Dart won't ever be a swan. Still I like em.