So what happended to the forum I joined three days ago?

Pabuckhunter

Yearling... With promise
Title says it all.

was wondering the same thing myself....just recreated the profile.

With all the trouble John was having with the new version of vBulletin, I was going to ask if he had checked out any other "forum" software such as this. I have never used xenForo, but from what I understand the guys who wrote the "best" version of vBulletin are the guys who designed this software. The other choice would have been for John to use an older version of the vBulletin software, like maybe Version 3.6.8, it was probably one of the best releases of their software. vBulletin makes great forum software, but they are notorious for releasing super buggy software updates and then fixing them after a bunch of people start complaining about what isn't working.

fair enough. so its a rebuild from scratch type of thing?

Would really suck if all the info that was shared was lost. Best of luck with the new forum.

OK. Must be a do-over on the software? It would be nice if John would weigh-in on what happened and reasons for changes......but I suspect the "old" program was unable to fulfill the needs?

It appears that way, maybe John will have a way to import the data from the other forum, not sure on that. I'm sure this is all very frustrating for John. I would like to thank him for all his efforts in this endeavor he has undertaken.

It's frustrating. So frustrating!
tumblr_lwkarmexe71ql7ggvo1_500.gif

I checked hybrid willow and it said that he was switching servers. Same message as yesterday

OK. Must be a do-over on the software? It would be nice if John would weigh-in on what happened and reasons for changes......but I suspect the "old" program was unable to fulfill the needs?

The "old" program was the very newest version of vBulletin and they are known for releasing software that is full of bugs and glitches and then fixing it over time as people use it. Pretty sure John just wanted a working forum and wasn't looking to spend a bunch of time and effort being someone's beta tester. The "old" software would have fulfilled all the "needs", the question is when it would have been able to do so.

It looks like the avatars work, the members list works and I just copy/pasted that gif image into my post above. Really easy to put that in the post, didn't even have to go through the browse/upload process. Copied it from one web page, click this page and pasted right into the text box.

It also looks like the signature line is working.

The edit works fine and you can put spaces between paragraphs that stick and don't bunch your writing together.

Last edited:
I cannot find how to edit my profile or put up a pic or do those things Whip speaks of........

Growing pains for a new forum.

I cannot find how to edit my profile or put up a pic or do those things Whip speaks of........

very top right corner, hover over/click your user name and a dropdown menu will appear.

So far this forum software seems to be working fine and doing all the things that the vBulletin software was lacking.

I don't have much time guys... More details to follow. Short version:

The good:
I fixed the "www" issue.

The bad:
Everything else got broke.

Its a total "redo", so on our 2 week old anniversary we have to start over from scratch.

I don't even have the list of forum topic areas that were at the old site. Starting COMPLETELY over.

Thanks for your understanding, we'll get there!

-John

Thanks John, you're the man!

The good:
I fixed the "www" issue.

The bad:

Its a total "redo", so on our 2 week old anniversary we have to start over from scratch.

I don't even have the list of forum topic areas that were at the old site. Starting COMPLETELY over.

-John

That's OK, my short term memory isn't the best anyways so repeat topics will all be new to me :D

It looks like the "Conversations" are what used to be PM's on the forum that shall not be named. I will try it out.

bueller and tooln sent you a "Conversation" request, reply if you can.

The good:
I fixed the "www" issue.

The bad:

-John

John Here are the forum topic areas from before if that helps.
Capture8.JPG