Smoke filled sky in Upstate NY

Gmule82

A good 3 year old buck
I’m sure most people in the NE and Upstate NY are experiencing some wild Smokey days. The sun is wild. I believe several years ago was similar but not this low from the California fires. My question is how does this affect all my fruit trees. Esp the new ones. A few quick google searches really looked bad for smoke and impending photosynthesis.

Nothing I can do but I’m just curious. Everything and anything is always trying to mess up my orchard. Every single season it’s this or that. I guess if it was easy everyone would be having one.

I also accidentally posted this to native habits section of the forum but no clue how to delete it on my phone so I apologize, trying to work and post threads doesn't agree with me

Your orchard will be fine. Unless and meteor storm hits it.

Forest fires help towards Lex Luther’s goals of blocking out the sun, and stopping the carbon and nitrogen cycle on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And on the really Smokey days, you can see the sun set above the horizon. It doesn’t go down, it just goes behind the atmospheric clutter. Much easier to understand during forest fire season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have had some hazy days here supposedly from it, the orange/red full moon has been something this past week. Biggest thing hurting our fruit trees right now is lack of rain.

Biggest thing hurting our fruit trees right now is lack of rain.
Bingo. In our area of SE Pa., it was the driest May ever, and it wasn't close. We had .09 inches of rain all of May. Camp upstate (where our food plots, apple & crab trees are) isn't much better. We need a couple all-day, easy soakers.

The smoke here in SE Pa. looked like a fog. Smell of the Canadian fires was detectable for sure. Irritating to breathe outside - even with an N-95 mask.

Last edited: