Smoke filled sky in upstate NY

Gmule82

A good 3 year old buck
I’m sure most people in the NE and Upstate NY are experiencing some wild Smokey days. The sun is wild. I believe several years ago was similar but not this low from the California fires. My question is how does this affect all my fruit trees. Esp the new ones. A few quick google searches really looked bad for smoke and impending photosynthesis.

Nothing I can do but I’m just curious. Everything and anything is always trying to mess up my orchard. Every single season it’s this or that. I guess if it was easy everyone would be having one.

This one was taken from the roof of a 6 story building yesterday. Visibility is about a mile now, usually you can see the steeple of the church in Homer that is about 5 miles away and the hill behind that is 7-8 miles away.
IMG_8065.jpeg
This picture was last night after golf, the sun is shaded enough you can look at it and in pictures it looks like a UFO :)
IMG_8074.jpeg
IMG_8076.png

I saw a meme on Twitter 3-4 weeks ago about the alphabet people joining an all female firefighting squad and to show the guys they can fight fires too, so they had a controlled burn scheduled and despite winds ranging from 10-30 mph they lit the fire. Well they lost control, and burnt a bunch of barns and stores,

I thought this was the same fire and was telling coworkers just that, but I looked it up today and apparently they did get that one under control and it isn't the same one causing this. Still too funny not to share 😃

I was just east of syracuse for the last two days. It’s crazy and a definitely
abc419c3858620f2cb033760f3daf0e4.jpg

a first for me both as a 46yo and in occupational safety as a career
4940b93d063e7f1b05ee1b810d016765.jpg

cd2b2987720918667858f5c357c314aa.jpg

The third picture was looking out of out of a facility high bay door- that’s how yellow things were. Felt very Armageddon-ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting to reach into central PA now too. Went for a walk last night and my throat starting hurting. You can see the haze from it.

Botched landscape management has consequences…

That smoke doesn't look like smoke. It looks the wrong damn color.

This picture was last night after golf, the sun is shaded enough you can look at it and in pictures it looks like a UFO :)

View attachment 53350

We were 70 miles out in the ocean yesterday. left in the dark, I thought it was odd that the haze lasted all day. I also thought the sun was a daytime moon. Had no clue until we got back to land around 8 PM and we could finally smell it.

I was fishing Buzzard's Bay on the Cape last weekend, and yes, in 35 mph sustained winds lol, and on the way back ran into the smoke starting in Albany. I had no clue what was going on, as we'd been incommunicado for five days. It got worse as we approached Syracuse then better toward Rochester. Still enough of an issue to require three shots of Flonase on Wednesday. My wife says if you think this one is bad, check out the smoke map from the NW Territories. If that wind pushes things south, it's going to be a rodeo in Idaho and the Dakotas.

It is really bad here the last couple days because of the Canadian fires.
Visibility maybe a mile, air warnings a purple?
Like a hazy fog over everything and the wind is blowing 15 mph.
IMG_5513.jpeg
IMG_5512.jpeg

yikes. Hope it doesn't come back here again.

Yep. Same here in Wisconsin.

So a bunch of activists that say they are about “saving the planet” keep starting fires to push their global warning agenda.
Same thing they did in Australia.

Wanting to save habitat and trees..good thing.
Setting it all on fire to try and prove a point? Epically stupid!

Now there are hundreds of fires in Canada a few that may be actually natural from lightning strikes but not anything like this, and the fake news MSM barely covers the global extremists that are behind it.

In Wisconsin, I’ve seen the orange sunsets and a little bit of haze a few times over the years. This is definitely worse.

Yesterday, we had about 1 mile visibility and you could smell a strong, kind of nasty odor. Not a classic wood fire, even wet-wood or pine needle fire smell at all. Hard to explain.

Sure glad I don’t have asthma or allergies! It would be brutal right now.

I don't see much smoke here in NY, although it is foggy and rainy, but the smell... it smells like someone poured bleach on a pile of tires and lit it. DOES NOT smell like wood burning like it did the last time, figured it was worth mentioning. You guys have the same smell?

I don't see much smoke here in NY, although it is foggy and rainy, but the smell... it smells like someone poured bleach on a pile of tires and lit it. DOES NOT smell like wood burning like it did the last time, figured it was worth mentioning. You guys have the same smell?

Not sure my ol factory pallet agrees with bleach and tires but it does have a displeasing (non campfire) smell to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk