SLN Crab News

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
I just got an e-mail response from St. Lawrence Nursery's owner, Connor Hardiman. I asked him, via e-mail, about whether All-Winter-Hangover, Trailman, & Centennial crabs would still be grafted for future - 2020 and beyond - along with the crabs in the 2019 catalog. He said he'd keep grafting as many crabs as possible to keep us habitat guys happy. "Pedal to the metal" was the phrase he used. He did say crabs are a bit fussier grafters, but he sees the market for good crabs and would be crazy to ease up on grafting them. Just an FYI - FWIW.

I spoke to Conner last week, sounds like a smooth transition from a well established company. This will be the first year I've ordered from SLN. Conner was very helpful and knowledgeable, no reservations ordering from him at all.

Update - I just got the paper catalog from SLN and Centennial crab is listed in it. Centennial is NOT listed in the online version. There seem to be more varieties in the paper catalog than online, plus various cold-hardy berries, pears, plums & nut trees.

I have no affiliation with SLN - just a satisfied customer relaying info to the forum.

Conner asked me to let him know if I noticed anything was missing from the online catalog. It’s only been up about a week. If you see any discrepancies I’m sure he’d appreciate a call or email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a vice versa here.., from the online I ordered a Bilodeau crab and I don’t see it in the paper copy.
Glad I ordered early!

Does anyone have experience with Astrachan, Red Astrachan, or Red June?

Just a vice versa here.., from the online I ordered a Bilodeau crab and I don’t see it in the paper copy.
Glad I ordered early!

So they substituted and I did not get the crab, but something that appears to be less hardy.

I just found a picture of Bilodeau crab and it’s shape/ color resembles chestnut crab.
Has anyone made a side by side comparison of the two crabs?

Speaking of SLN

Did anyone recieve a paper cateloge last yr.
Didnt see one on my end and I emailed specifically to request a copy.

Also, side note, Connor stated that there will be no early order this year. Gunna have to wait i guess. Know most times I am done by then, oh well.

Speaking of SLN

Did anyone recieve a paper cateloge last yr.
Didnt see one on my end and I emailed specifically to request a copy.

Also, side note, Connor stated that there will be no early order this year. Gunna have to wait i guess. Know most times I am done by then, oh well.

I received a catalog.

I got one too.