Size of plug seedlings?

bueller

This is a tray of size 6 plugs I just received from NCR. White pines on the left, Austrian pines on the right. It's only my second year planting plugs so I'm not quite sure what the "norm" is yet. The whites are the same size as the whites I got last year (thought they were a bit small at the time). Also got some 4a black hills spruce last year that were the size of these whites or smaller. The austrians seem huge compared to what I am used to. So what is the typical size you expect to get when ordering plug seedlings, more like my whites or my austrians?
IMG_20170405_124017940.jpg

I got several trays of NS from them last year. They ranged any where is size from those Australian pines to about 4 inches. I pitched the tiny ones, figured with the weeds I get it wasn't worth bending over.

Those whites look small but ice never ordered them.

I have had quite a bit of difference in size in plugs when I have ordered plugs from Itasca Greenhouse. I ordered the same container plug size of Norway Spruces two different years. One year almost all of them were 10-12" and looking good starting to branch out. The next time they were 6-10" and a bit on the small side with no branching. I was guessing it was luck of the draw.