Simazine/Atrazine for Switchgrass

Tyler

5 year old buck +
I frost seeded some switchgrass this year and am preparing for weed prevention. Looking for recommendations on herbicide products and rates. I only planted about 1.75 acre. I know atrazine is restricted but is also available on amazon? It is also cheaper than Simazine. What is the most effective and economical way to go? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

Don't know about cheapest or economical but I will give you my experience with atrazine and switch. I applied 2 quarts an acre plus gly on switch I frost seeded and it allowed the switch to look like a great switchgrass field in year two however I recommend planting some shrubs and allow other weeds to get established in the switch over time as it will be utilized more by wildlife, including deer.

I'll be doing the same thing i a month or so to 5 ore acres i frost seeded this year but am going to plant shrubs in it in various places after spraying.

I do plan on having more diversity long term for sure. I am transitioning a soybean field so I wanted to establish a base cover to begin with. I avoided monoculture switchgrass by incorporating narrow multi directional clover plots within and around. A portion of it also has some rye that was added into the soybeans last fall.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk