All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side by side

Rakman

A good 3 year old buck
I'm looking for a new side by side...if I go gas again I'll get a ranger but I'm considering an electric maybe even a hybrid. Any thoughts or opinions on electric or hybrid good bad or otherwise?

My dad hAs the electric ranger and loves it. I know it sure is quiet.

Really have to map out what you Are going to use it for. Electric is nice but won't do a lot of jobs that a gas will. I found an old stealth for a couple grand and use the heck out of it but it won't trail ride or spray food plots. Neighbor has a pioneer 5, thst will be the next UTV I buy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had an electric Ranger when they first came out and loved it. The only draw backs were battery life. (Not for hunting purposes). Once I owned it, I used it for everything. And tending to batteries, seemed like I was always adding water to them.

I'm thinking of an electric bike to get long distance stands. My son has leg weakness and will never be able to ride a bike. Got him an electric fat tire trike this summer and the thing is unbelievable. Goes for miles and it's fast. Like 20mph on a flat smooth surface.

I've had a Polaris Ranger EV for 2 years and thus far, it's absolutely fantastic. Zero issues with power, range, durability and it's about as versatile as one could ask for. I religiously take care of my batteries and the on-board trickle charger makes it easy to power up for the next day.

I ride right up on deer and turkeys all the time. Have also had dad or brother come pick me up and until they get within 30 yards or so, don't hear a thing. Even then, it's more from the tires crunching in leaves or the tire lugs on hard packed ground or gravel.

I have a 2015 RANGER EV. It will do anything a gas unit will do and it's stealth. I top off the water once per year and it doesn't seem to take much. I clean the tops of the batteries with baking soda at the same time. Wipe them off and spray some protectant on them. Never had an issue, maybe the older ones weren't perfected. Battery charge was dependent on temperature. In the summer I could go for weeks not needing to charge. At 0 degrees I could go about 3 miles but, I'm not out much in that. LOL.

How well do the EVs do pulling food plot duty? Pulling a seeder or drag around for hours at a time?

Mine will do a lot no way it would keep up pulling a load all day unless it was a small area.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In my opinion the Yamaha Viking is a better side by side than the Ranger. Better engine, more room, larger overall. I love mine.

I'm thinking of an electric bike to get long distance stands. My son has leg weakness and will never be able to ride a bike. Got him an electric fat tire trike this summer and the thing is unbelievable. Goes for miles and it's fast. Like 20mph on a flat smooth surface.
I'm in no way making light of your son's condition, but the Amish around here have latched onto the E bike craze. So much so that some of the local shops have charging stations out front.
The church won't let them have a vehicle so they have battery bikes that make them impossible to pass on the road.

That or they run their tractors and utility trialers hauling family around for a friday night out on the town. They'll even run em thru the Burger King Drive thru...

I'm in on this UTV thing. my quad isn't shot yet, but my next one will be a side by side.

... My son has leg weakness and will never be able to ride a bike. Got him an electric fat tire trike this summer and the thing is unbelievable. Goes for miles and it's fast. Like 20mph on a flat smooth surface.
What brand/model e-trike did you get for your son Bill?

The church won't let them have a vehicle so they have battery bikes that make them impossible to pass on the road.

I hear you. We're in a beach town more bikes than cars in the summer months. It's just easier transportation and parking isn't an issue. I pretty much walk or ride a bike everywhere. The cars for leaving the island.

What brand/model e-trike did you get for your son Bill?

It's a GoPlus 48 V fat tire trike. I got it off Amazon and honestly gave it a bad review. Not because it doesn't work well on the road, just because it came with the wrong manual, customer service was useless and it wouldn't run when I first got it. I basically gave up on the supplier and voided my warrenty by taking the motor housing apart to reconnect badly terminated wires.

MNSlick is importing some cool looking bikes. I keep waiting for him to post in classifieds but he hasn't yet.

I hear you. We're in a beach town more bikes than cars in the summer months. It's just easier transportation and parking isn't an issue. I pretty much walk or ride a bike everywhere. The cars for leaving the island.

It's a GoPlus 48 V fat tire trike. I got it off Amazon and honestly gave it a bad review. Not because it doesn't work well on the road, just because it came with the wrong manual, customer service was useless and it wouldn't run when I first got it. I basically gave up on the supplier and voided my warrenty by taking the motor housing apart to reconnect badly terminated wires.

MNSlick is importing some cool looking bikes. I keep waiting for him to post in classifieds but he hasn't yet.

Haha, thanks for the plug Bill! Should have them posted soon. If anyone wants some info on them shoot me a PM!