Shot a Hog

Erik Hendricks

5 year old buck +
IMG_1561.PNG IMG_1509.JPG
Buddy called and said they had a hog with a hernia so it would not bring much at the market. So he said if you want it come get it. Over a 300 lb hog for $125 is a deal I could not pass up. Had a crash coarse in butchering a hog by myself but it was very similar to a Bear. It's amazing that there is almost ZERO waste. Everything could be kept and used. The butchering went really quick but packaging was never ending. Next time I will make sure my wife is there to help package. I have plenty of scrap for my family when we make our breakfast sausage and brats now. If you know how to butcher a deer or bear you can easily do a hog.
I'll admit this was a high fenced hunt so I will not be able to register this giant in the books.

The only thing that goes to waste on a hog is the oink.

High fence...LOL. Good one!

Enjoy your pork!!

Yum yum we just bought a half for $2pd hanging

Using all of the hog means head cheese and blood sausage and that makes me hungry thinking about it.

Using all of the hog means head cheese and blood sausage and that makes me hungry thinking about it.

I had a neighbor that made head cheese out of road kill raccoon. And he made it all the time!:eek:

And I ain't never seen a high fence around a hog pen. you are fibbing on that one!;)

Good looking hog, eat well man!

I had a neighbor that made head cheese out of road kill raccoon. And he made it all the time!:eek:
I'll bet there was not much grinding to do either.

That is one animal I would have a very hard time eating along with rat, mice and bat. You are right though, the fence wasn't really high.