Shipping Container

if you get a 40 footer, consider doors at both ends.

I was considering doors on both ends at either size.

I'm not sure what the up charge would be for two doors but will definitely ask.

Nice looking setup tooln. Do you have that container blocked to get it off the ground? Sitting on a well drained bed of gravel? I'll look(search) as I recall you have another thread of you getting this placed. Thanks
I just set it on hi ground. I used a few solid cement blocks to get it level. Under the lean-to I put some crushed sandstone. I've got pics here somewhere of the cabinets I installed and the lean-to going up. If I find them I'll attach to this post later.

Lean-to thread. http://www.habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/lean-to-coming-soon.3335/

Cabinets install thread. http://www.habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/storage-inside-the-storage-container.3219/#post-61615

Last edited:
tooln, is your shipping container a used container or one trip container?

Mines not a one trip. Just a really good used one. Where I got mine they had over a dozen to pick from. I checked everyone of them. Some the doors didn't open very easy, others all dented up. I picked the best they had. I couldn't see paying the extra $$$$$$$$ for a one trip, that's just going to sit in the woods.

Mines not a one trip. Just a really good used one. Where I got mine they had over a dozen to pick from. I checked everyone of them. Some the doors didn't open very easy, others all dented up. I picked the best they had. I couldn't see paying the extra $$$$$$$$ for a one trip, that's just going to sit in the woods.

I called the place you got yours and the price difference between a used and a one trip was between $1,200 - $1,400. That was on a 20' container. The difference on a 40' was between $1,800 and $2,600.

I went thru the links you attached above and yours looks to be in pretty good shape so I was curious if that was what they considered used or a one-trip. Thank you!

The one trip containers are really really nice.

I have bought two from AAA Container out of the cities. Gene is the guy to talk with and a good guy to do business with

I have bought two from AAA Container out of the cities. Gene is the guy to talk with and a good guy to do business with

Thank you. I'll look for a number and give them a call too.

I assume they can deliver?

Transportation out of the cities would be pricey.Did you call Storcor out of the Rapids. That is where Tooln got his.

Transportation out of the cities would be pricey.Did you call Storcor out of the Rapids. That is where Tooln got his.

I did. The price differences I talked about a few posts back was thru them.

Did you ever get one?

Did you ever get one?

I have not. If I do decide to get one, it won't be until early spring.

How plentiful (or more expensive) are the ones with doors on both ends?

Sorry I can't be of any help. When I got mine I never questioned it.

What kind of price would you be looking at for a 20 and 40, ballpark?

I see the place near Rapids lists them as New, Used and As is. Just wonder roughly what they price them at. Been wanting some storage on my place and this may be an option that I had not thought of. I'm less than 50 miles from them.

Last edited:
There is a good dealer in Richland Center I would check out. He has ads on Craigslist.