All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shed Hunting?

What the Barracuda found in 5 hrs one day last spring here in Missouri.

View attachment 3321
What did you find in those 5 hrs MO? Or did the barracuda just go out and pick them up to prove a point? Lol. I'd be shed hunting with the 'cuda if she pulls sheds like that on a regular basis man!

Geez you guys... Pretty awesome! According to my cameras it's not even worth going on my property looking for them. Might try a trap of some sort to possibly get an easy one or two.However I should find the wintering areas in the parks in town here and go looking.

What did you find in those 5 hrs MO? Or did the barracuda just go out and pick them up to prove a point? Lol. I'd be shed hunting with the 'cuda if she pulls sheds like that on a regular basis man!

Its funny, for 2 years she could not find a shed to save her A$$. I told here where to look to up the odds and bingo! Now she is taking of work in March just to shed hunt down here!

These ones still bother me. Ones shinny cause I just washed the mud off it.
Found one a year for two years. No pictures of him, never laid eyes on him. And his sheds went silent.

Wasn't ment to be.

Found within yards of each other over 2 years.

DSC_0476.jpg

My best yet.

1889C9BD-F5EB-4FC2-BEE6-2333B6A2FF74-133-00000007E98C33E3_zps82669de3.jpg

Last edited:
Its funny, for 2 years she could not find a shed to save her A$$. I told here where to look to up the odds and bingo! Now she is taking of work in March just to shed hunt down here!
That's awesome! Good for her...I hope she finds a pile!

These ones still bother me. Ones shinny cause I just washed the mud off it.
Found one a year for two years. No pictures of him, never laid eyes on him. And his sheds went silent.

Wasn't ment to be.

Found within yards of each other over 2 years.

DSC_0476.jpg
That's an awesome bit of history with that deer! It sunny how things work like that isn't it?

Geez you guys... Pretty awesome! According to my cameras it's not even worth going on my property looking for them. Might try a trap of some sort to possibly get an easy one or two.However I should find the wintering areas in the parks in town here and go looking.
Town parks can be great spots!

I always wanted to have enough to be able to attach the shed to a center post and essentially build and antler x-mas tree. My wife just rolls her eyes, but I thought it would be neat as hell. I have a long way to go to get to that point.

I always wanted to have enough to be able to attach the shed to a center post and essentially build and antler x-mas tree. My wife just rolls her eyes, but I thought it would be neat as hell. I have a long way to go to get to that point.

my wife wants lamps and possibly a chandellier....i told her the sheds that we find here will never be desecrated by drilled holes, glue, etc! i like to pick them up and look at them...i can pick them up and remember where each one came from! I told her if she want chandelliers and lamps then we will plan a trip out west and go pick up a PILE of sheds to make stuff with....she hasn't picked a date for that yet...lol. I think i spoiled her since the first one she ever 'found" resulted in a diamond ring on her finger...lol!

i'm determined to get my first shed this year. it's not that easy when the only bucks around are 2 small spikes. those suckers are going to be hard to find :)

i'm determined to get my first shed this year. it's not that easy when the only bucks around are 2 small spikes. those suckers are going to be hard to find :)

yeah that makes things a little more challenging. can you find some other ground to cover in areas with more deer?