Self Serving Junk

Steve, Is there a way someone can get all 3 in the series at once? I have always appreciated your writing and I would like to get my hands on the 3 books in this series as I am certain I can learn something and improve my hunting.

Steve, Is there a way someone can get all 3 in the series at once? I have always appreciated your writing and I would like to get my hands on the 3 books in this series as I am certain I can learn something and improve my hunting.

I was wondering the same thing.

Haha sorry stu. It's a yearly fee and you can get free two day shipping on just about anything without price requirements. With all the crap I order on there it pays for itself and then some. I've got an Amazon.com store card or w/e it's called. Used to be no tax either but WI started charging last year I think.
It's a beautiful thing. I ordered potting soil cheaper on there than at a local wal mart and got it delivered to my door for free shipping. Same with my promix, free shipping. Crazy. Love it. I buy more than I should due to the free shipping, but whatever.

Steering away from a derailment, that is one hell of a nice buck Steve. Like others have stated, don't worry about saving us a dollar. I'll gladly consider purchasing your books, as you'll be saving us a few 'bucks' by us picking up a thing or two on strategies. (pun intended). I don't mind spending a little more on a product where I am buying from or helping out a person I respect. John Walton is one person I am glad to buy from and don't worry about cost, and Steve would be another as he has posted limitless valuable insight.

Great buck Steve congrats! My wife asked me what I wanted for my B-day........hopefully I'll be getting your new book.

First, thanks a ton, guys! There's a reason this is the only place I posted the hero shot and told the story. I believed you guys would be happy for me. Thanks for proving me right. It honestly means a lot to me.

Well, he's worth not scoring elsewhere. :)

I just realized that it probably sounds like I'm complaining about the score and believing I should have gotten a couple more inches out of him :oops: I scored him myself, as I do every buck I kill worth scoring. I just made sure to round down on everything and stretch the tape super tight. For personal reasons, I didn't want his score to be exaggerated in the least. I wanted to feel good about it in every way.

I only wish there was a version that was downloadable. I read parts of the preview and it looks great!

If it's not available yet, it will be soon. F&W (the parent company of D&DH) doesn't leave a stone that could lead to even 1 extra sale unturned

That's a monster, good job. You don't look too excited In The picture. I call that the Archie bunker smile

Busted....I hate taking these pics. In my position, it's work, not fun. Firearms pics aren't as bad, as I have 1/8th the Pro Staff hats to get good pics with than bow kills. Still, you're always trying to hold the head at the perfect angle to show all the points, while keeping your head somewhere that doesn't make it look like you're picking your nose w a tine, while also keeping the tines/head square/even. Oh, and your arms are burning because you have to tilt the head down to show that one kicker. So, you finally get the deer and you in positions and you're good to go...ooops, there's blood coming out of the mouth again. Need to get that cleaned up and start over. Cell phone shots in the woods are happy. These are just part of the job...I LOVED All in the Family.

P.S. I know that sounds soooooooooooooooooooooo incredibly spoiled. I'll gladly do that type of "work" any day after hunting. It's just hard to be super excited about that portion and I stink at faking anything.

I haven't sold the other 2 for quite a while now, but am planning on looking into ordering more of both of them next week. I know they are still selling a good number of the 1st one, as I continue getting royalty checks each quarter. I don't know on the 2nd for sure, as it was a 1 time lump payment arrangement. I'll update on that after I check next week.

MO, thanks for the other plug.

Thanks a ton, guys. I don't even know what else to say in response to a lot of these posts and emails.

congrats steve. great buck. I just recently finished your stand strategies book. had it laying around for years :). it was good and i'll check out this new one too.

steve, where can we order so that you get the biggest cut from the sale? deer and deer huntings shop?

Direct from me gives the biggest cut (I buy them for 1/2 list price...$12.50. So, I get almost $10 per book from that, after tax and shipping and $12.50 are subtracted from the $25). After that, it doesn't much matter where you get it. I get 10% of the price the publisher sold it for. So, it looks like I'd get $1.25 from those sold off of D&DH's web site (as they're the publisher). I'm guessing around $1 from amazon.

Forget what I wrote earlier about buying off of amazon. They are already giving the dang thing away on D&DH's website for $12.50. http://www.shopdeerhunting.com/big-buck-secrets?source=igodigital

Buy it there and do it fast, if you are going to do it. I'm about to have a little chat with them about that. They told me they'd be selling it for $20 off the site, they'd be pushing the site hard and I'd be getting $2 a book for those sales. I just wasted my own $ buying a bunch of books at $12.50, as I can't justify trying to sell any of you or anyone else books at $25 (w shipping and tax included), when you can buy it for exactly what I'm paying for it.

After learning that, I'm not going hold any of you that emailed me to buying it at $25. I'll tear up the checks and money orders, so you can save 50% and get it off the D&DH's site. They have the ebook version for sale there already, too (same price). Sorry I didn't let you know that earlier. I assumed they were charging the $20 they told me they would and that amazon was the cheapest. I wasn't trying to gouge any of ou. I just didn't know until now.

Direct from me gives the biggest cut (I buy them for 1/2 list price...$12.50. So, I get almost $10 per book from that, after tax and shipping and $12.50 are subtracted from the $25). After that, it doesn't much matter where you get it. I get 10% of the price the publisher sold it for. So, it looks like I'd get $1.25 from those sold off of D&DH's web site (as they're the publisher). I'm guessing around $1 from amazon.

Forget what I wrote earlier about buying off of amazon. They are already giving the dang thing away on D&DH's website for $12.50. http://www.shopdeerhunting.com/big-buck-secrets?source=igodigital

Buy it there and do it fast, if you are going to do it. I'm about to have a little chat with them about that. They told me they'd be selling it for $20 off the site, they'd be pushing the site hard and I'd be getting $2 a book for those sales. I just wasted my own $ buying a bunch of books at $12.50, as I can't justify trying to sell any of you or anyone else books at $25 (w shipping and tax included), when you can buy it for exactly what I'm paying for it.

After learning that, I'm not going hold any of you that emailed me to buying it at $25. I'll tear up the checks and money orders, so you can save 50% and get it off the D&DH's site. They have the ebook version for sale there already, too (same price). Sorry I didn't let you know that earlier. I assumed they were charging the $20 they told me they would and that amazon was the cheapest. I wasn't trying to gouge any of ou. I just didn't know until now.

See what honesty does for you?......cost you money again! You ain't never going to be rich unless you lie, cheat and steal!;)

That's why we like you Steve!

I just ordered it on Amazon. It was $18+ and I got the free shipping cuz I had a couple other things I wanted to order anyway.

Its $16+ with shipping from DDH.

No big deal. Thanks for all you provide Steve.

Steve-the check is being mailed tomorrow. Please cash it and mail me an autographed copy.

Thank you for your honesty and the help you have given all of us is worth the extra $10 or so.

My book is ordered. Thanks for the info Steve.

Thanks for all you do Steve. All 3 books are on my xmas list. Like usual, I'll just buy the ones I don't get.

I appreciate all the "thanks" I'm getting, but it's me that isn't saying thanks enough. I know this has to sound like super cheesy BS, but no way I am able to do what I do w/o your support. I literally have more work opportunities than I can handle, and that's 100% because of you guys and those like you that support me. If it wasn't for that, I (and everyone else in this industry) would never be able to make a living doing what we do. For as cheesy as that may sound to some, if you really think about it, what I just wrote is 100% true. I'm never getting rich doing this and I knew that the day I walked away from a very good paying day job many years ago. That said, I'm comfortable and can't think of a single day I had to "go to work" since quitting the day job. I get paid to write, talk and work at being a better hunter, while making myself a better hunter in the process. That's not lost on me or who ultimately allows me to do that....you guys, obviously.

. I'm never getting rich doing this and I knew that the day I walked away from a very good paying day job many years ago..

Who needs money when you have fame? LOL! Now I feel bad about the $10.00. So if you're by this way with your chainsaw I'll fill it up for free as many times as you want. Seriously though, it is really something that one truly likes what they do.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Steve. Nothing wrong with sharing your book or your buck. You are a regular contributor here.... Brag away :)

Oh, and CONGRATS!

I'm eating tag soup both with a bow and gun this season. I'm afraid 2 hard winters are starting to add up.

-John

Busted....I hate taking these pics. In my position, it's work, not fun. Firearms pics aren't as bad, as I have 1/8th the Pro Staff hats to get good pics with than bow kills. Still, you're always trying to hold the head at the perfect angle to show all the points, while keeping your head somewhere that doesn't make it look like you're picking your nose w a tine, while also keeping the tines/head square/even. Oh, and your arms are burning because you have to tilt the head down to show that one kicker. So, you finally get the deer and you in positions and you're good to go...ooops, there's blood coming out of the mouth again. Need to get that cleaned up and start Over.

Windex and rebar are your friend.
Windex does a number on the blood and a couple of 2' lengths of rebar driven in the ground behind the deer to prop him up helps release the pressure of holding them altogether at the right angles.

Very nice buck congratulations!

Just wanted to let you guys know that I sent out all the books I got replies on the "just so you know, you can get the book for $12.50, + tax and shipping from D&DH's web site," email. If you don't get it in the next 5ish days, check to see if you replied to that email.

Also, if you want to jump at $12.50 from D&DH, do it really fast. That price is going to jump very soon (not doing a high pressured sell...."act now, b4 it's too late." I talked to the big boss tday and he said it was a mistake that would be corrected asap).

Sorry, I haven't had time to check on ordering the other 2 books and am going to be out until next week...I promise I will, though.

Wow Steve! Congrats on a beautiful buck and great story! Also, congrats on the book. I totally missed this thread until just now, no internet access at "deer camp" sucks and my new smartphone isn't supposed to show up until tomorrow. Nothing to feel "bad" about on any level here Steve, plugging the book, "showing off" your deer, or whatever, it's all good when your here amongst friends. You share free valuable information on here as often as you can(and it seems like maybe sometimes when you should be doing something more constructive...LOL) and for that, myself and many others thank you. This thread could be seen as "self serving" by some, but in reality, it isn't anywhere near as self serving as some of the posts on the darkside by some of the jackwagons over there. Just a great buck with a great story that just happened to be harvested by a guy who makes his living by providing hunting related services. "Plugging" your book is just one of those things that is incidental to providing those services. Now to get me a copy of that new book...

Steve ... Thanks for the signed book, it was a pleasure speaking with you the other night. I would definitely enjoy a deer camp with you someday ...