Sawtooths lagging

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
Well I planted 60 chestnuts and various oaks from native nursery last fall. Of all the trees I planted the sawtooth seem to be the slowest to wake up and aren't looking so good. Anyone have experience with sawtooths in Mo? Have you noticed them being late starters in the spring? The chestnuts are exploding! I stuck my face over a tree tube today and a bird was stuck in the tube. It scared the living daylight a out of me! Lol

My sawtooth seedlings from Nativ Nursery that I planted in November are already leafed out down here in Arkansas.

My experience is they are late leafers. Leaf out like pecan...

My sawtooth seedlings from Nativ Nursery that I planted in November are already leafed out down here in Arkansas.
Your scaring me split toe.

Mine here in Nebraska show some bud swell and thats it. No action on my persimmons either. My DCOs are just breaking bud.

I also have one large dunstan chestnut that I got from walmart that has nice green buds on it but hasnt leafed out yet. 6 others that I got from walmart are full of leaves:confused: Its weird. Came from the same batch of 3 gal trees!

I also have one large dunstan chestnut that I got from walmart that has nice green buds on it but hasnt leafed out yet. 6 others that I got from walmart are full of leaves:confused: Its weird. Came from the same batch of 3 gal trees!
I also got 4 dunstan's from wal mart and planted them a week ago and they were already leafed out when I bought them.