Saw an interesting "blind" idea today.....

foggy

5 year old buck +
Was on a road trip today. Passed by a horse pasture.....and noticed some "blinds". Turned the car around and snapped a couple of pics.

Did a google search on "hay bale feeder" and up popped "hay-hut". Some manufacturer oughta take a clue from this design.....and make a SHIPPABLE deer blind just like this. I'm too retired....but this technology could be refunded into a great blind......and for some horse guys this could do double duty.
http://www.hayhuts.com

Brooks.....your kinda deal?

th-7.jpeg

Here's a pic. Rotomolded "halves" stack into each other for transit....then bolt together at a seam around the centerline. Set this on a wooden platform (or the ground) and your good to go for bowhunters. Windows and different window styles for gun hunters.

Was on a road trip today. Passed by a horse pasture.....and noticed some "blinds". Turned the car around and snapped a couple of pics.

Did a google search on "hay bale feeder" and up popped "hay-hut". Some manufacturer oughta take a clue from this design.....and make a SHIPPABLE deer blind just like this. I'm too retired....but this technology could be refunded into a great blind......and for some horse guys this could do double duty.
http://www.hayhuts.com

Brooks.....your kinda deal?

I actually emailed them about 6 months ago asking on a dealership. I got no reply and let it go.

But I have been pondering mfg some top notch blinds again. See what the winter drags in. May sell blinds online with a chunk going to rebel causes that disrupt the norm at state agencies.

Actually looks like potential there

Well....if you or someone else wants to get into the biz....I may help....or invest? I've had some parts rotomolded and probably designed a couple hundred plastic molded parts in time gone by. I could envision shipping up to 40 KD blinds in a load. The other guys? like 7 blinds / load.

You guys start making blinds remember those of us who are 6'4" and up please. I'd like to get an affordable version of one of these, but haven't found any that I can stand up in. I realize standing isn't how a person spends much time in a blind, but being able to do so and stretch my legs during long sits would sure be nice.

Yep....check the specs on the "blind" shown. 7 feet high. I have several of those rotomolded "short" blinds where you cannot stand fully. Not too big of an issue really....but more height would be better.

The trap-door is not easy for an old guy like me to negotiate quietly.....and that is the biggest problem with the blinds I have. The best part is.....I only have 500 invested in them - complete with a steel base. Just add 4x4 posts.