Sargent crabapple......and not

rocksnstumps

5 year old buck +
Ok as posted in another thread have a few trees which were labeled something else but don't match descriptions for that type

These all have white blossums in the spring. The first matches a sargent pretty well, but have others which don't at all
DSC01743 (Small).JPG

Have several others which are like this with mostly yellow/green fruit, hang forever, in mild winters they go untouched, but in bad ones the turkeys take them out in late Feb. So another mystery

DSC01741 (Small).JPG

DSC01742 (Small).JPG

Yeah I understand the variability part but have several like this while all the others are more true to sargent. Would expect wth variability to have more than just two types.

Makes some sense I guess. Since the nursery is gonna sell them to wildlife groups with likely a cheap price tag, do what they can but probably not gonna work too hard at it. Most seem to grow real well, got no complaints......and the price was good $0 but still had to pay your membership dues and later they made you go to the banquet to sign up for trees instead of thru the mail. I've been trying to get some more specific varieties and paying the big bucks for grafted ones lately.

Those are very nice looking trees. Are they sprayed? The foliage looks very clean. If you are unsatisfied with the variety, you could always topwork them to whatever variety you would like. It would take 2-4 years to get them fruiting to the variety of your choice.