All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same buck

WNY8N

Yearling... With promise
Ok I know these pictures don't make it easy but I have a cam pic from early Dec and this one from late Jan. I can't tell if it's the same or different buck. Thoughts?

Attachments

• KIMG0395.JPG
    KIMG0395.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 57
  • KIMG0622.JPG
    KIMG0622.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 59
I'd lean towards yes.

I'd assume yes. Finding those wide sheds should be 'easy'!

Id say yes.... but the B&W buck picture has a decent G4 on the right side and the color pic buck does not... Is the color the January pic, he maybe broke it off?

Otherwise you may have 2 different deer???

Id say yes.... but the B&W buck picture has a decent G4 on the right side and the color pic buck does not... Is the color the January pic, he maybe broke it off?

Otherwise you may have 2 different deer???
Color was Dec, night one is Jan, I saw that too. I'm leaning towards different, I'm hesitant because that would make these 2 different plus I have another one that's nicer and would make 3 quality bucks which is unusual.

In that case then I say different based also on the G4 issue. Nice bucks.

I wouldn’t call that a decent G4. Different angles and different lighting. It looks to be something on both beams on the right. A little split or nub will look different with the angles and lighting. The left G2 in the night photo appears to be split . When I look at the left G2 in the day photo it almost looks split but it follows the same line as a background tree with a color change. The swoop of the rack looks a little different also. I’d lean toward different bucks but need more photos for reference.

I think it's the right G2 that might have broken off. And I think it probably is the same buck. It is very hard to tell, but to my eye it looks like the same buck.