Same buck

WNY8N

Yearling... With promise
Ok I know these pictures don't make it easy but I have a cam pic from early Dec and this one from late Jan. I can't tell if it's the same or different buck. Thoughts?

Attachments

• KIMG0395.JPG
    KIMG0395.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 57
  • KIMG0622.JPG
    KIMG0622.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 59
I'd lean towards yes.

I'd assume yes. Finding those wide sheds should be 'easy'!

Id say yes.... but the B&W buck picture has a decent G4 on the right side and the color pic buck does not... Is the color the January pic, he maybe broke it off?

Otherwise you may have 2 different deer???

Id say yes.... but the B&W buck picture has a decent G4 on the right side and the color pic buck does not... Is the color the January pic, he maybe broke it off?

Otherwise you may have 2 different deer???
Color was Dec, night one is Jan, I saw that too. I'm leaning towards different, I'm hesitant because that would make these 2 different plus I have another one that's nicer and would make 3 quality bucks which is unusual.

In that case then I say different based also on the G4 issue. Nice bucks.

I wouldn’t call that a decent G4. Different angles and different lighting. It looks to be something on both beams on the right. A little split or nub will look different with the angles and lighting. The left G2 in the night photo appears to be split . When I look at the left G2 in the day photo it almost looks split but it follows the same line as a background tree with a color change. The swoop of the rack looks a little different also. I’d lean toward different bucks but need more photos for reference.

I think it's the right G2 that might have broken off. And I think it probably is the same buck. It is very hard to tell, but to my eye it looks like the same buck.