rye/clover rates

Wow that looks great!
I terminated a turnip plot today. Cocklebur's where rampant. Planted rye, clover and soybeans. Planted way to late but I'm Just hoping for a little green in three weeks. I'd never recommend it but heck I had the seed.

I tried the same thing on a new plot but should have gone heavier on the rye tho.
2d5eb6c23a01f35f701a1cf6d68e295d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my first year foodplotting and I created a small in the woods plot along a creek bottom seeding with WR/durana clover. We have had a ton of rain in Sep so my question is... can too much rain drown out durana clover? Initially I saw a little bit of clover popping but now it looks like only rye.
winter rye 9-16-18.jpg

Here was the initial germination but now I don't see much clover.
clover germination.jpg

I’m sure it’s possible but more likely the clover is just putting all of us energy into putting down roots. Next spring the clover should be better and the following year even more so. I don’t think I’d be too concerned.

I’m sure it’s possible but more likely the clover is just putting all of us energy into putting down roots. Next spring the clover should be better and the following year even more so. I don’t think I’d be too concerned.
I was hoping I'd hear that! Thanks someday!

It is rare for me to see much germination or growth of clover in the fall it is planted. The WR becomes the attractant that first fall. The key to establishing Durana is timely mowing the first spring. Each time the WR hits about a foot or so, mow it back to about 6". This will slowly release the Durana and the WR will combat weeds while the Durana is putting down roots. Eventually the WR will die in the summer and the Durana should be pretty well established by then.

Good Luck,

Jack

It is rare for me to see much germination or growth of clover in the fall it is planted. The WR becomes the attractant that first fall. The key to establishing Durana is timely mowing the first spring. Each time the WR hits about a foot or so, mow it back to about 6". This will slowly release the Durana and the WR will combat weeds while the Durana is putting down roots. Eventually the WR will die in the summer and the Durana should be pretty well established by then.

Good Luck,

Jack
Thanks Jack!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk