Row marker for no till

momatt

5 year old buck +
I just came in from drilling in 550 pounds of rye 20 pounds of turnips and 50 pounds of radishes with my Gp606nt drill. I brush hogged the plots and sprayed a few weeks ago. It was really hard to see where I had been. When I was a kid our planters had drags that flipped over and in the powdered soil it was easy to see. Much different with a no till in dead grass. Anyone use foam marker?

I put a foam marker on my Tar River Drill. At times it has really worked well for me. At other times I can follow my tracks. I do not remember the brand....but I found it on sale in November or so last fall and figured it was worth the investment. I think I paid about $350 for it complete with all the needed stuff. I did a thread on it somewhere.....I think under "mods to my saya drill"......see the third topic in the list below.

I built a mount for the marker on the piont 3 point brackets. Pretty well protected and easy to attach to the electric plug on my tractor. Sorry I do not have good pics. Routed some hoses along the frame that terminate at either end of my drill.

Attachments

• foam marker.jpeg
    foam marker.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I'm cheap. I put one of these on both my boom sprayer and little Kasco no-till versadrill. Po Boy Foamer

I put a foam marker on my Tar River Drill. At times it has really worked well for me. At other times I can follow my tracks. I do not remember the brand....but I found it on sale in November or so last fall and figured it was worth the investment. I think I paid about $350 for it complete with all the needed stuff. I did a thread on it somewhere.....I think under "mods to my saya drill"......see the third topic in the list below.

I built a mount for the marker on the piont 3 point brackets. Pretty well protected and easy to attach to the electric plug on my tractor. Sorry I do not have good pics. Routed some hoses along the frame that terminate at either end of my drill.
Slick that looks like just the ticket

I stand up, turn my head sideways and squint to see the last drill mark while my seat alarm beeps at me. Then I remember it’s a food plot and close is good enough.

Fall plots sure are harder then planting beans into mature rye where the drill lines stand out.

Slick that looks like just the ticket
I made the mount for it from some bracket parts that came off an old boat hoist and some square tube. They supplied a nice steel "saddle" and it is nicely unitized.......which made it pretty easy to mount. I wanted to save my weight trays for weights and the rear one for loading the drill. The trays make super walk boards for loading the drill. Not so dang high.....like found on those Great Plains drills.