Rough day in the swamp

This is pretty funny. I didn't notice the rainbow lens flare when I took this earlier, but it ironically fits perfectly to the composition.

20150926_144353.jpg

I swore off smoking a number of years ago. Smoked quite a few cigars at one time.....no longer. Cant remember the last time I had a cigar....no desire these days.

But I have seen what looks to be a good cigar store. It's adjacent to Westside Liquors in Baxter MN. East side of 371 about a mile north of Menards. I think it's run by the Liquor store folks....but its got a separate entry. No guarantees. The liquor store has FREE wine and beer tasting on some Thursdays. :D

I smoked them more regularly in my 20's. I haven't had one in over a year. Cigars are kinda like fast women; they put a smile on your face for a couple hours, but aren't good for you. :D

This is pretty funny. I didn't notice the rainbow lens flare when I took this earlier, but it ironically fits perfectly to the composition.

20150926_144353.jpg
Is that car stuck?

No, I drove it there and parked it.

It's got body rot where the rear subframe attaches, so my buddy traded it for a 1977 toro riding mower. :D I'd had it on the side of the entry to my driveway (swamp road), but drove it up the hill Monday.

Someday it'll be parted out and I'll use the engine for something, or I might make a new tube frame for the running gear and make a 120hp go kart. :D

If you make a 120 hp go cart, I'm coming for a ride.

Maybe I should do a gofundme on it? :p I'm broke.

Jim- is there any of that bare ground that will not be reworked this fall?

I would get some rye down on it and hope we have a bit of growing time left. It's cheap and would help the deer in early spring.

Who should I buy seed from?

I need to grade it out a bit yet, but was thinking of grass to stabilize the soil.

Bin run rye is very cheap. You might find it at the Genola elevator. Or the feed store in rural Pine river. I would even add a bit of medium red clover to it.

You can't go wrong putting some rye down. Not only will it help erosion, deer will like it, and it will give you some organic matter. Just make sure you get winter rye and not rye grass. You won't need to worry about any fertilizer, rye will grow fine without it.

Bin run rye is very cheap. You might find it at the Genola elevator. Or the feed store in rural Pine river. I would even add a bit of medium red clover to it.

Pine River's an hour from me.

I'll check at the place in town tomorrow. I need to get some more stuff anyway.

11:20 this morning I got a phone call from Ben. I was going to catch up on sleep today, but that didn't happen.

20150927_123308.jpg

They were slow, and wanted to fix the culvert without the boss' input on the matter.

20150927_132046.jpg

Ben took the old one to use at his place, and considering how many volunteer hours he's put in I wasn't going to argue, even though I have a spot it'd work nicely in. He earned it!

^Piertz