Rootstock larger than Scion-How to graft?

Freeborn

5 year old buck +
I received my B118 rootstock from Cummins yesterday and they look great but are much larger than the scion I have. I was planning on doing whip and tongue grafts but I’m not certain how to deal with the size difference.

Should I be doing a different type of graft or how do I approach doing a whip and tongue graft with the size differences?

Do I make a smaller cut on the larger rootstock so the cambium lines up/matches?

Thanks Much

I use the cleft graft all the time. Not as neat as a whip and tongue graft but works good for me. As Stu said just be sure to line up one side of the cambium and you should be fine.

I saw this guy do what I see as kind of a W&T hybrid with a rind graft. It looks like an option for what your describing

Good advice guys. Honker, thanks for the video.

I also found this site that has an example of a whip and tongue with different size scion and rootstock. I'm pretty new to this so I'll see how they go and maybe try a little of each. I like the idea of getting as much cambium as possible to line up.

http://www.treegraftingsupplies.com/modifiedw&t.html

I do clefts. If there's room I add two scions instead of one. Most of my scions are much smaller than the rootstock. Usually both take. You let them grow and then clip one later in the year. The other one will take off.
I wish I would have done this on some of the big antonvoka roots I had