Road screen in neutral clay soil for north east Texas

Crumrw

Yearling... With promise
Hey guys,

I have a large pasture along a county road that is completely visible from the road, I want to plot a portion of the pasture along the tree line, but don't want to invite unwanted attention. I have done a soil test and have a 7.4ph clay based soil. What would you recommend for a screening vegetation?

Whatever type of pine trees grow best in your part of the country.

That's about what mine is here with clay/loam. I plant white pines, hemlock, Norway spruce, blue spruce and black spruce along with arbovites. I get decent rain here too.

You might want to think about MG, you could have a decent screen in 3-4 years with the right moisture.

Will MG grow in texas?

Anyone have experience there?

bill

What is MG?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What is MG?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

This is off the Maple River Farms web site.
Miscanthus (Miscanthus X Giganteus) is a "woody" perenial grass of Asian descent, that when established, will grow about 111/2 feet yearly. It produces new shoots annually which appear similar to thin bamboo cane, averaging around 3/8" in diameter. Miscanthus x giganteus is a sterile triploid (three sets of chromosomes)formed by a natural cross of miscanthus sacchariflorus and miscanthus sinesis. Because it is sterile it is propogated by rhizome division. The crop is established by planting pieces of the root (rhizomes), which are cut to about 4" in length. The cold hardy grass grows rapidly (C4 photosynthesis), has low nutrient requirements, has few pests or diseases and produces high yeilds.

This is off the Maple River Farms web site.
Miscanthus (Miscanthus X Giganteus) is a "woody" perenial grass of Asian descent, that when established, will grow about 111/2 feet yearly. It produces new shoots annually which appear similar to thin bamboo cane, averaging around 3/8" in diameter. Miscanthus x giganteus is a sterile triploid (three sets of chromosomes)formed by a natural cross of miscanthus sacchariflorus and miscanthus sinesis. Because it is sterile it is propogated by rhizome division. The crop is established by planting pieces of the root (rhizomes), which are cut to about 4" in length. The cold hardy grass grows rapidly (C4 photosynthesis), has low nutrient requirements, has few pests or diseases and produces high yeilds.

Thanks, that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, that helps.

What part of northeast Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunt county

If you have cedars just transplant some of those.

-Brandon

Hunt county

I think I remember your thread from the other website, before it got shut down. Your place is real close to my parents place in Fannin county. We have had some good natural regeneration of cedars along fence lines in the same soil type as you. While you wait on those to fill in, I would consider the Miscanthus X Gigantus or Egyptian Wheat planted behind it for the short term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk