Big Rock Trees Screen Installation

What height do you need to block view? Are you planted far enough off R/W so not to get cut by county?

I wouldn't use them as limbs grow through and you can't get off
I was only thinking about them for the hybrid poplar. I would think the willows would get too crazy for them. But the price off tree tubes is enough to make a guy hide under a rock!

What height do you need to block view? Are you planted far enough off R/W so not to get cut by county?
I only have one 60’ row that is close at all and that’s back about 50’ from the RoW

Reason I asked was that if you need say 5ft you could try chickisaw plum,fragrant sumac, or even switch

I could use 40’ of height in some spots to screen the back plots from pickups on the road.

Can’t believe the price of cuttings these days. IIRC, the original owner of Big Rock Trees started this site. About 10 or so years ago.

I planted 400 hybrid poplar in 2012. I think they cost about $100. Deer started to eat them in august when they were 5’ tall. I planted them in a small block so I was able to fence them. If not they’d be toast.

Can’t believe the price of cuttings these days. IIRC, the original owner of Big Rock Trees started this site. About 10 or so years ago.

I planted 400 hybrid poplar in 2012. I think they cost about $100. Deer started to eat them in august when they were 5’ tall. I planted them in a small block so I was able to fence them. If not they’d be toast.

I've really only looked at Hybrid willows but big rock is way higher in price than anywhere else ive seen. Usually can get them a little under $1/cutting if you buy a handful. No idea if there is a quality difference.

I've really only looked at Hybrid willows but big rock is way higher in price than anywhere else ive seen. Usually can get them a little under $1/cutting if you buy a handful. No idea if there is a quality difference.
I haven't planted cuttings in 9 or 10 years so I haven't paid attention to any prices until just now. I liked them for the ease of planting and price back then. But they need to be babied which takes time/money. I had great success w/ HP and HW. Those trees are 40' tall now and have been for some time.

Fence is finished.

About 2 weeks of growth

I would glysophate the area the fall before putting down the weed mat it helps a great deal with the grass/weeds. I did this on my last planting and will now always do it the fall beforehand it’s way less work than tilling.