RIP to the biggest POS

I’m looking at 3 pt pto sprayers for my tractor and maybe one for the utv. I like the flexibility of the four wheeler but I’m getting to where I’m have too much to spray for the 4 wheeler. As far as brands I’m not sure but I’m going to avoid anything sold in a box store
spot. on.

50g UTV and/or boom

Attachments

• GRO_Boom.JPG
    GRO_Boom.JPG
    422.3 KB · Views: 27
I just finished using my 25 gal Fimco. On the positive note, was able to seal drain plug so no leaks in 1st 4 years of owning it.

As always, a lot of mix was still in the tank when it stopped spraying. I decided to measure how much. I filled my 3 gal backpack sprayer and a 1 gal hand sprayer with another 1/2 gal left over.

@Howboutthemdawgs @marlin I just looked at their website. Very nice looking equipment. Did you both go with the boomless?

Last edited:
I have both. If you have the choice get the square tank one that has the larger fill opening. They redesigned the tank to put the weight closer to the tractor and tapered the bottom of the tank for cleaning purposes.IMG_4452.jpegIMG_4453.jpeg

I use the boom for spraying crops. It does an excellent job. I’ve never used the boomless on fields. I have quite a few fruit trees I spray with it. I bought the sprayer with the boom new from a dealer. About six months after I bought it there was a picture of one advertised on Facebook marketplace for 900. I went and looked at it. It was brand new never been used. That’s the reason I have 2.

I have the boomless. I like it because if I can get the tractor there the sprayer fits too. I don’t have to worry about steering wide of things. But, I think the boom is probably more precise. With that said these are food plots for me, not a livelihood so I’m not that concerned

Without reading all these posts ................ what's the best (or a very good reliable) sprayer out there?

Without reading all these posts ................ what's the best (or a very good reliable) sprayer out there?
I'll say the opposite of most and report that my Fimco 25 gallon boom sprayer has been good to me. I had issues with pumps several years ago, but those went away once I started doing a better job running a full tank of clean water through the sprayer after each spraying. My sprayer is 12 year old and I spray around 10-20 acres per year total (fewer acres, but I usually spray several times per year)

Thanks for the comments guys!

I have a 55 gal Fimco with booms. 55 gal is not enough to do the back part of my property, have to make two trips.

I deal with a lot of brushy edges that are always creeping toward my fields, would be nice to be anble to hit those edges boomless. And I certainly have banged those booms into stuff plenty of times. Gosh the drift makes me nervous though. I really like to minimize that as much as possible.

Also my sprayer is cat 1 and my tractor attachments are almost all cat 2. It works but it’s a pain to convert. My goal is to slowly eliminate all cat 1.

I'll say the opposite of most and report that my Fimco 25 gallon boom sprayer has been good to me. I had issues with pumps several years ago, but those went away once I started doing a better job running a full tank of clean water through the sprayer after each spraying. My sprayer is 12 year old and I spray around 10-20 acres per year total (fewer acres, but I usually spray several times per year)

I think what many of us are commenting on are the newer Fimco sprayers. The one I bought over 20 years ago worked very well and I was very happy with it. The one I bought 3 years ago has been the problem child.

You might want to consider adding a dish soap like Dawn which is anti-bacterial on your rinse and cleaning. I did that when I was seeing the chemicals gelling even after cleaning which would clog the screen filter and nozzles. Problem went away after I did this.

I think what many of us are commenting on are the newer Fimco sprayers. The one I bought over 20 years ago worked very well and I was very happy with it. The one I bought 3 years ago has been the problem child.

You might want to consider adding a dish soap like Dawn which is anti-bacterial on your rinse and cleaning. I did that when I was seeing the chemicals gelling even after cleaning which would clog the screen filter and nozzles. Problem went away after I did this.
I guess like many things these days, newer can = cheaper quality.

I have a 65 gallon fimco utv going on its 3rd year. Of all the stuff I've bought to do food plots and orchard management it has been by far the worst. I'm on my second pump, countless nozzle heads replaced, several pressure guages, a new header, a shutoff valve and I can't even remember what else. I think only one boom nozzle was my fault. Their parts website is expensive and they include shipping. Their customer support is subpar but not useless.

It's to the point that through my purchases I now have backups for most things to fix in the field. The bigger issue is the wasted sprays because it shits out on me. So far so good this year (fingers crossed).

edit to second what a few guys have said. Some of my issues were self inflicted. Mixing some stuff that was ok to mix, but really needed to be cleaned afterwards and not being careful enough with storage. That said, we beat our stuff up and expect it to take a little beating without being so delicate.

I'm much better now about running a 1/4 tank of clean water through after spraying as well as trying to remember to run some dishsoap through too.

Last edited: