All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retirement gift

SWIFFY

5 year old buck +
Well a great friend and mentor of mine retired today after over 41 years as Region 4 Assistant Wildlife Manager with the Mn DNR.
I thought it seemed fitting to make him a seat with a quote, inspired by “the father” himself.
33A7DE30-5A34-42B0-BF85-C3FB1A1BBC30.jpeg357EACB3-5C3C-45CC-8E6D-8FF1093CBBE5.jpegBBA1774F-0488-465B-BF8C-AB4FC4514A30.jpeg
A “Leopold bench” made from Cedar, with a few personal touches. I had one night to get this done... and it was a late one! But the tears made every second worth it!

That's pretty neat. How do you do the engraving?

Care to share the "plans" on how to make one? I like the extra touches....

Well done! A wonderful tribute to, obviously, a great friend!

That's pretty neat. How do you do the engraving?

Thank you. I just free hand it with a wood burning pen. Its an old Detail Master.

Care to share the "plans" on how to make one? I like the extra touches....

Yes I will post the plans J-bird. Ive made many with anything from 1x8 to 2x12 scraps. Very simple and comfortable design.

Last edited:
I like it. Might have to build one of those.

I like the simplicity of it..... I could see a couple of these scattered around a fishing pond or even along a walking trail in the woods.