Remesh 150'

Mortenson

5 year old buck +
Anyone seeing any clearance sales yet? Best I've seen is Menards selling it for 97.23 after a $12 mail-in rebate. Says that ends 2/9. Hoping to do quite a bit better.

That's about as good as I've ever found

The cheapest I have paid for a 150’ roll of 5’ concrete mesh was $42.88. That was at the Waupaca, Wisconsin Fleet Farm last March. They had it on clearance. They also had the 50’ rolls for $12.88. I took my full size truck and a trailer and stocked up! I’m set for awhile.

Same here with getting it at fleet farm last year for dirt cheap. I also stocked up. Pretty sure I started a thread here last year to give the heads up for others. Maybe they will do it again soon??

I got about that price at farm & fleet also last March. Now this year their website doesn't show having any in stock. Weighing my options. Maybe the Menards price will be good as it gets. Doubt I could fit a roll in 1 of those brown paper sacks during that sale.

I got about that price at farm & fleet also last March. Now this year their website doesn't show having any in stock. Weighing my options. Maybe the Menards price will be good as it gets. Doubt I could fit a roll in 1 of those brown paper sacks during that sale.

I think, they have gone to just having panels ... I was going to walk out into the yard where fleet farm used to keep it and see if they do have it in stock I couldnt pull a slip/tag on it in the materials area of the store so I am also thinking they do not carry it anymore.

I think, they have gone to just having panels ... I was going to walk out into the yard where fleet farm used to keep it and see if they do have it in stock I couldnt pull a slip/tag on it in the materials area of the store so I am also thinking they do not carry it anymore.
Maybe that’s why they were blowing it out of there stores last year with deep discount to discontinue it.

I think that is it - gone -- discounted to eliminate remaining inventory.

Back then I got 6 rolls of the 150' and wished I would have gotten all the 50' ones. I doubt we will ever see those prices again. Farm and Fleet had the same stuff on clearance as well and cheaper. I got FF's manger to price match farm and fleets price. They still had two rolls of the 150 left... so two days later I went back to buy them and the same manager put up a big fuss - I pretty much got into a verbal fight with him, he is a jerk and played I dont remember our conversation or price matching, said I had to now prove their wire was the same... played a big game with me then relented and wrote the slip - I went to the yard and their inventory was off, all they had left was a pile of 50' rolls and I was so mad that I didnt want to go back and deal with the idiot again with a another price match and just walked out.

Should of, would of, could of ............ but it was a great deal at the time

Doubt I could fit a roll in 1 of those brown paper sacks during that sale.

They caught on fast but, - years ago when Mr. John Menard 1st came out with the brown bag discount idea I bought a bunch of building supplies... had the sales slip printed out at the building counter and walked up to the front.... tossed it and only it into the bag and the cashier rang it up with the discount. I told a buddy who was building his house at the time and he did the same thing and save a ton. Needless to say they dont do that anymore.

Good detective work guys. Looks like Menards it is.

Haha geez that's crazy, cavey. Can't believe they'd let that fly! Maybe that one was on the cashiers.

Anyway you can get it... take it, right!?!... and knowing John Menard, that was likely the last day the cashier worked. Menards started out of a crappy old pole shed just a few miles east of here; he is a ruthless self made man so I never feel to bad when Menards messes up.

Has anyone tried the 7’ deer netting? It’s literally $12 for 100’. I know it isn’t as stable as remesh but sure seems you could support it with 4 PVC post and pull it tight enough that deer wouldn’t bother it.

Deer netting will work, I have used snow fence but the way I see it you will need 3-4 posts, pvc or pipe driven in to make a square or a triangle to wrap the netting around... where as you can make hoop cages with the re-wire they are pretty much free standing and use 1 post or cut the bottom ring of wire and use the protruding vertical wire to "stake" it down. Plus the rewire lasts - for years. Im am still reusing rewire cages from over 15 years ago. My preferred way of doing it is 4 7 1/2' T posts, in a square with the 5 1/2 foot re wire mesh held up about a foot off the ground so I can weed whip and it lets predators get in closer to hunt the mice. Gives the trees a ton of room to limb out and keeps most of the deer pressure off. But that is an expensive way to do it. Now that I am pulling a lot more trees out of the nursery to plant Ive gone to making 3-4 circular cages with 1 stake.

Used to see remesh in that $75-$85 range/ roll at Menards quite often, now it is never on sale it seems.

Steel prices are up considerable from a year ago. Tariffs and such with China. Maybe if we go into a slowdown as the stock market was all worried about in 4Q 2018 or China deal happens prices could drop some.

Last edited:
They caught on fast but, - years ago when Mr. John Menard 1st came out with the brown bag discount idea I bought a bunch of building supplies... had the sales slip printed out at the building counter and walked up to the front.... tossed it and only it into the bag and the cashier rang it up with the discount. I told a buddy who was building his house at the time and he did the same thing and save a ton. Needless to say they dont do that anymore.
Speaking of menards when they first started 11 percent off sales would go in buy gift cards several thousand worth get the 11percent off to mail in turn around go back in use the cards they would honor them same as cash get another 11 percent off on that transaction to purchase what I needed they figured that one out too don't get 11 percent off on gift cards anymore

Speaking of menards when they first started 11 percent off sales would go in buy gift cards several thousand worth get the 11percent off to mail in turn around go back in use the cards they would honor them same as cash get another 11 percent off on that transaction to purchase what I needed they figured that one out too don't get 11 percent off on gift cards anymore

We were just talking about the paper bag deal here at work today - dropping the slip in it. One of the guys brought up the gift card trick and getting 20 some plus percent off on stuff... I didnt catch onto that one till it was too late, they figured it out pretty fast.

The current Menard's flyer (Indiana) has a 150' roll on sale for $87.

Same here. Thanks Smokegobbler. I'm going shopping today.