Redmond salt in West Ohio

Telemark

5 year old buck +
I'm planning to make a couple salt/mineral licks this summer, but I'm having trouble locating the right salt. I have a couple normal salt blocks, but I want to add the Trophy Rock salt since so many people say it makes a difference.

Does anyone know where I can buy a bag of it around Dayton or Toledo? Otherwise it looks like around $35 for a 10 lb bag delivered.

I have gone to fleet farm and bought 2 50 lb bags of trace mineral, 1 50lb bag of di-cal, and 1 50 lb bag of salt for about $85 to make my own mineral site. Much more cost effective and the di-cal is supposed to be good for antler growth but doesn't taste the best that's why you mix all of them together. Redmond can be ordered and delivered if you can't find it locally.

I'm planning to make a couple salt/mineral licks this summer, but I'm having trouble locating the right salt. I have a couple normal salt blocks, but I want to add the Trophy Rock salt since so many people say it makes a difference.

Does anyone know where I can buy a bag of it around Dayton or Toledo? Otherwise it looks like around $35 for a 10 lb bag delivered.
Trophy Rock and Redmond are the same thing and come out of the same mine. Look for the 44 pound plain block if you can find it. It's about 25 cents/lb vs $1.25/lb for trophy rock.

I see they also have one with garlic in it now for tick control. I've never seen it on the shelf though.

I'd call ahead to make sure they carry what you need: https://shop.redmondagriculture.com/pages/store-locator

1685979379945.png

Last edited:
I have gone to fleet farm and bought 2 50 lb bags of trace mineral, 1 50lb bag of di-cal, and 1 50 lb bag of salt for about $85 to make my own mineral site. Much more cost effective and the di-cal is supposed to be good for antler growth but doesn't taste the best that's why you mix all of them together. Redmond can be ordered and delivered if you can't find it locally.

We don't have Fleet Farm, and it's crazy expensive to have it delivered.

Trophy Rock and Redmond are the same thing and come out of the same mine. Look for the 44 pound plain block if you can find it. It's about 25 cents/lb vs $1.25/lb for trophy rock.

I see they also have one with garlic in it now for tick control. I've never seen it on the shelf though.

I'd call ahead to make sure they carry what you need: https://shop.redmondagriculture.com/pages/store-locator

View attachment 53276

Neither of them allow you to order from a website. Kraut Creek looks like a possibility if they will answer emails.

We don't have Fleet Farm, and it's crazy expensive to have it delivered.

You don't have a TSC nearby? Rural King usually has trophy rock in our area too.

We have a TSC and a Rural King. I didn't find the bagged salt on their websites. Might have to just buy the Trophy Rock instead.

Rural King showing out of stock but maybe could be sent to a store near you as soon as in?