Rain...

Rain started here in Ohio early this morning. Radar suggests it will hang around for a long time.

I was at our local liquor store yesterday after work and the mail carrier stopped in to grab a sixer. He looked fairly stressed out, said the roads were a disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we ended up with 1.9 inches of rain both at home and at our property the last two and a half days. Saturday’s forecast is is for a steady, all day rain. That’s got to help things out. We had a couple pretty big storms in that mix too so I’m heading out Friday morning just to check out the road and look for any downed trees. It’s such a catch 22 when we talk about the weather.

Warm weather in February is always nice here in Wisconsin ............... until this happens.

20180221_135645.jpg20180221_135658.jpg

Ground is still froze of course so all the melting snow and the rain ran down hill through the horse pasture right into my backyard.

That’s kinda how the whole state looks now !

We live on a hillside and never have water issues ... unless the ground is frozen, we have multiple sunny 40 deg F plus days, then 24 hours of rain.

Squeegee mopped ~35-40 gallons of water out of the basement last nite and this morning. Have 6 fans going to try and dry thing out. The yard is like a skating rink on an 18 degree angle ...

We live on a hillside and never have water issues ... unless the ground is frozen, we have multiple sunny 40 deg F plus days, then 24 hours of rain.

Squeegee mopped ~35-40 gallons of water out of the basement last nite and this morning. Have 6 fans going to try and dry thing out. The yard is like a skating rink on an 18 degree angle ...

Yikes fellas, stay safe out there. Might have to bust out the ice fishing spikes for the backyard.
Cracking the skull on the ice is no joke from a slip.

Every time I'm dealing with water in a basement I bust out the shop vac an take the dry filters out. Cant count how many gallons I've schlepped out of grandmas basement this way.

Ur dealing with freezing rain, this morning I was dealing with a jelled diesel, down around -20 last night.
February is fighting like a nasty witch on her way out.

They declared tomorrow a non normal work day and we can stay home if we want but gotta use vacation. Unless heck freezes over I’ll be in

I wore shorts and a tee shirt today and yesterday. 75 degrees in Cape May, NJ. Still burning 12 hour days working on this house. Weird weather though, I passed a local apple farm yesterday and saw bud break. That's bad news, it will freeze again.

32 and raining
8B0C9607-02D1-4411-B8E1-2EDB31BB040B.jpeg7F0FFB66-6641-4324-88A4-1D68294D33F9.jpeg