quince trees

huntall

5 year old buck +
Anyone tried growing quince trees? I don't think I have seen a tree, but I remember my mom talking about one they had as a kid. I Google info and says self fertle and sometimes is affected by fireblight .
I picked one up on clearance just because I'm unfamiliar with it and like trying different kind of fruit trees. Only thing bad that catches my eyes is the fireblight.
Only payed 5 bucks so I guess we will see.
I didn't know about the prone to get fireblight in quince when I bought it so just asking if anyone has any experience with this tree?

Would you plant this away from your other pear and apple trees or that shouldn't matter as far as the fireblight risk goes.

Yep...I know what you are talking about with places like home Depot. I got the quince at a local family owned big nursery and greenhouses that always shut down in June and sell everything they have and don't reopen until late September. They sell great quality trees,shrubs, flowers, and vegetable plants. So I think I'm good with the quality, but don't have any experience with quince trees.

I probably will plant it away from my big orchard just to be sure.