Question for drone users

I’m thinking you are right, but I have looked for pictures on Google and so far haven’t found one exactly like that object. I will search more today.
Try "drone professional camera" in your search. Lots of them with a shaped kind of like your pic (if you squint your eyes enough). If it's tilted slightly towards or away from you in flight can change their perspective too.

I’ve not heard of one in the area. I don’t live in the area but have friends and family that do. None of them knew what it was. One relative said he knows a guy in that direction has a drone but he doesn’t know what it looks like.
What was the wind like that day? I can probably count on one hand how many days we have a year that it's calm enough for a motorized glider to fly.

My neighbor has 2 of them for spraying crops. They're the size of a truck hood. Think he told me they haul 7.5 gal of spray per drone. He also told me deer freak out when spraying.

I haven't been around professional ones much but my little DJI mini2 is a noisy bastard and you can hear them from quite a ways away. Probably not 400 yards but it's pretty obvious at 200 yards. From what I've seen, deer do hate them and are more sensitive to them than you might imagine. It was pretty disheartening to hear my neighbor flying one over me when I was at the land this summer..

Our coaches use them to film football games for analysis and stats. There is at least one over an end-zone at all times for every game. Can never hear them. Mine sounds like a giant swarm of angry mosquitoes in your ear. I've used it to count cattle. Got to have it high up to keep from turning them inside out!

What was the wind like that day? I can probably count on one hand how many days we have a year that it's calm enough for a motorized glider to fly.
That was yesterday, and I think it was maybe a 5 mph wind.

I haven't been around professional ones much but my little DJI mini2 is a noisy bastard and you can hear them from quite a ways away. Probably not 400 yards but it's pretty obvious at 200 yards. From what I've seen, deer do hate them and are more sensitive to them than you might imagine. It was pretty disheartening to hear my neighbor flying one over me when I was at the land this summer..
For some reason I thought it was illegal to fly one over someone else's property unless it was police, utilities or some official capacity like that. Does anyone know?

For some reason I thought it was illegal to fly one over someone else's property unless it was police, utilities or some official capacity like that. Does anyone know?
Think it’s legal unless it interrupts livestock or privacy or something like that. I know planes have a minimum they need to fly above ground level. 1500’?

Try "drone professional camera" in your search. Lots of them with a shaped kind of like your pic (if you squint your eyes enough). If it's tilted slightly towards or away from you in flight can change their perspective too.

Thanks. Yes, I just did that and saw some with the cameras extending downward. I can see how tilting might change the perspective.

Think it’s legal unless it interrupts livestock or privacy or something like that. I know planes have a minimum they need to fly above ground level. 1500’?

Sometimes in the next few days I plan on researching this. I don't think the one in my picture was above my land, but I would still like to know what the actual law is.

A drone can fly over private property. The FAA regulates drones to under 400ft alt (without permissions if I remember right). Property owners do not own airspace. A drone operator cannot harass wildlife, livestock, or people.

The laws are pretty damn complex and vary widely by location. I think in many cases it is not illegal to fly drones over private property but it is frequently illegal to take photos/videos of private property without permission.

So if one wants to buzz deer off @Native Hunter's land of fruit and nuts with a drone they could make a dubious claim like they wanted to get side profile shots of the adjacent parcels.

We are being invaded UFO

The laws are pretty damn complex and vary widely by location. I think in many cases it is not illegal to fly drones over private property but it is frequently illegal to take photos/videos of private property without permission.

So if one wants to buzz deer off @Native Hunter's land of fruit and nuts with a drone they could make a dubious claim like they wanted to get side profile shots of the adjacent parcels.

I bet if you shot one down and fried it, the taste would be just like chicken.

I bet if you shot one down and fried it, the taste would be just like chicken.

My understanding is that you could be charged with a pretty serious offense for doing so, unfortunately.

Hmm...I've learned a lot about drone laws just from what has been posted in this thread. I didn't realize they could legally be flown practically anywhere over other people's property. It sounds like someone could wreak havoc on a guy's deer hunting by flying a noisy drone (less than 400 feet high) right over deer bedding areas, etc....

It could happen to any one of us. Someone who knows you have food plots could zoom over them at prime time the day before season (or during season) and ruin everything. You would never have any idea that it happened. I can see where drones could be extremely valuable for things like catscratch mentioned above. I am also aware of many worthy industrial uses, such as finding trouble on a power line, etc.. However, I see the current laws as an opening for invasion of privacy and hunter harassment.

Hmm...I've learned a lot about drone laws just from what has been posted in this thread. I didn't realize they could legally be flown practically anywhere over other people's property. It sounds like someone could wreak havoc on a guy's deer hunting by flying a noisy drone (less than 400 feet high) right over deer bedding areas, etc....

It could happen to any one of us. Someone who knows you have food plots could zoom over them at prime time the day before season (or during season) and ruin everything. You would never have any idea that it happened. I can see where drones could be extremely valuable for things like catscratch mentioned above. I am also aware of many worthy industrial uses, such as finding trouble on a power line, etc.. However, I see the current laws as an opening for invasion of privacy and hunter harassment.
I may or may not have heard of a situation where a landowner got fed up with an outfitter hunting on the line and you could are you looking into his property flying a drone over the stand when there was a client in there. If he never left his property with the drone, nothing he could legally do

I may or may not have heard of a situation where a landowner got fed up with an outfitter hunting on the line and you could are you looking into his property flying a drone over the stand when there was a client in there. If he never left his property with the drone, nothing he could legally do

I bet Don H's neighbor could fly a drone over the top of that 8 foot fence and ruin the hunting over there. Just saying.........

Pretty sure it's illegal to harass wildlife in all states. If someone was was messing up your hunting via movement of game with a drone it wouldn't matter if they were over their land or not. Probably would be pretty easy to report that if it was happening on a consistent basis.

It could be ugly for sure!

I have a river cutting through middle of my property without acceptable crossing for a tractor but easy to cross on foot or atv. Access to that side of the river for hunting purposes is also lousy as you would have to pass deer travel/bedding along the river. I have a good relationship with neighbor on 10 acres who lets me access with tractor and for hunting the other side through his yard where he lives. Where deer enter/exit a food plot is very near our property border. So anytime this neighbor flies his drone from his house, unless he only flies opposite direction (which is over other peoples properties immediately) he his likely immediately impacting deer on my property.