Question for drone users

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
Look at this trail cam picture below for the object in the distance to the right of the vehicle. Does this look like some kind of drone to you? It appears to be several hundred yards away and fairly large.

oCZuxEW.jpg

I have a cheap little drone. If I had to guess bird vs drone I'd guess bird but could be either.

My money is on bird. Most drones have a base that is almost as wide as the body. That looks like just a vertical line out of the body of the "drone" and wouldn't work well as a base.

I'm guessing drone. Some of the higher end ones with a professional camera have legs that wrap around a low hanging camera.

I’d vote bird

Now I’m curious about this scenario…do you know that vehicle? I think bird but I wouldn’t be shocked either way.

Phoenix rising....

Not sure. It could be a wayward flux-capacitor? Can you zoom in a bit closer? ;)

Now I’m curious about this scenario…do you know that vehicle? I think bird but I wouldn’t be shocked either way.
Yes, that is my vehicle. I drove up to the camera at the edge of a recently picked cornfield. My vehicle is what caused the trail cam to take the picture. I pulled the card and noticed the object in the sky when I got home and started checking the cards.

Not sure. It could be a wayward flux-capacitor? Can you zoom in a bit closer? ;)

Just save the pic to your I-phone and you can zoom in very close.

The shape doesn’t look right for a bird. And if it was a bird, it would have to be flying straight up, because the tail is pointed down toward the ground. Also, it looks to be at least 400 yards away, so it must be fairly large. I don’t know much about drones, but I’m leaning that way.

I'm guessing drone. Some of the higher end ones with a professional camera have legs that wrap around a low hanging camera.

I’m thinking you are right, but I have looked for pictures on Google and so far haven’t found one exactly like that object. I will search more today.

Anybody in the area with a motorized hang glider?

I’ve not heard of one in the area. I don’t live in the area but have friends and family that do. None of them knew what it was. One relative said he knows a guy in that direction has a drone but he doesn’t know what it looks like.

Any chance it was a farmer, seed company, equipment company surveying the results of the harvest or for pics? I doubt it was anyone “scouting” at 3:10 pm.

At first I thought vulture. However, after looking at a bigger picture I'm not so sure. It seems the body is too long and narrow and the tail doesn't flare outward. I'm not sure.

Any chance it was a farmer, seed company, equipment company surveying the results of the harvest or for pics? I doubt it was anyone “scouting” at 3:10 pm.
I do t think so, and I think it is well past the end of the cornfield. My land ends about 350 yards in that direction, and I think it is past the property line.

At first I thought vulture. However, after looking at a bigger picture I'm not so sure. It seems the body is too long and narrow and the tail doesn't flare outward. I'm not sure.

Yes, when you zoom in close, the proportions of the body don’t look right for a real bird. And, a real bird would not be pointed straight up into the sky.

This^^^^^. You don't need an airport. All a hang-gliding person needs is about a hundred - maybe 200 - yards of open space and someone to pull them thru that open space fast enough to get airborne - I think.