Products you openly support

That is once we get some folks to put their beer down and out of the "hardware store"! Boys will be boys!!!! Guess you have to have something to do outside of deer season.

There isn't anything wrong with any of that.^^^;) I've even been in a few small town backwoods hardware stores that served beer back in the day.

I didn't mean to imply there was anything WRONG with it. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it - I would be a hypocrite if I did. That stuff just wasn't the frame of mind I was in when I posted the thread. It's all good fun. Run with it as you may.

There isn't anything wrong with any of that.^^^;) I've even been in a few small town backwoods hardware stores that served beer back in the day.

I have only driven by Fat Jacks in Bock, MN, it looks like they do serve beer but I don't think they are selling any hardware store products there!

I didn't mean to imply there was anything WRONG with it. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it - I would be a hypocrite if I did. That stuff just wasn't the frame of mind I was in when I posted the thread. It's all good fun. Run with it as you may.
Of course there isn't;):D Sorry if I insinuated that. :oops: Just "running with it" as you said.;)

We are cool - I just didn't want anyone to feel like I was poopooing on their extracurricular activities.

Listen here party pooper, they sell hardware! Have always sold hardware, and always will. And they sell it late on friday nights!

Haha! I guess I will have to stop in sometime to see what the selection is like!

I don't have a ton of brand allegiance....if it fits my needs, works well, is of quality construction, and i can afford it.....i use it. but here is a list of some of the brands i use and routinely recommend to friends.

I shoot a Mathews Reezen 6.5 because it felt good from the first second i picked it up.....consequently i shoot quite well with it.
I shoot Rage because I just had to try them out....so far 15 deer have fallen no more than 60 yds from point of impact.
I shoot Federal Fusion out of my hunting rifles because they grouped the best in shooting scenarios that i encounter (100 yds and in).
I use steiner binos.....a friend had a pair that he let me borrow and the quality blew me away.
I wear Danner Boots because the fit my feet well and are very comfortable and durable.
I buy all my seed and plotting supplies from the local Agway...my cousin is the proprietor.
since a few others had some good beer on their lists...i'll add to that theme since most of my plot work ends up with a brew or two on the tail gate afterwards....sometimes during...lol
Otto's Brewery
Troegs Brewery
Vicotry Brewing Company
DG Yuengling and Sons
Otter Creek Brewing Company
Russian River
Southern Tier
and the list could go on and on....

Non branded products....I am a big fan of wool products. From merino to rag wool. I grew up 38 yds from one of the oldest wool clothing brand's woolen mill. I have and wear wool garments that are a decade or two older than i am.

Mills Fleet Farm
Mimbach Fleet
John Deere
Husqvarna
Yamaha wheeler
Honda motors
Ruger
Bowtech
Rage
Nikon
KENNETREK best boots ever made!

Leupold optics
Carbon Express
Rage broadheads
Muck boots
Ferderal Premium Nosler partition
Jay's Sporting goods
Remington
Craftsman tools
Buck knives

THIS SITE & the following in no particular order
Covert Cams
Arctic Cat ATV's
Roth eq.
Anything made by Stihl
Ruger
Hoyt
Muck Boots
Miller Welders
Harley Davidson
Solo seeders
Remington
Gerber knives

Last edited:
Only a few brands that I am truly loyal to….

Carhartt
Chevy
Rolling Rock
Crown Royal
Black Diamond
Lufthansa

Elite bows
Moultrie game cams
Rage 2 blade
Savage Rifles
Saunders Goose calls
Thermacell

Copy/paste from that thread, as it explains why I don't do the signature and why I'll be gone for a while. To add 3 that I don't have any kind of affiliation with leather gloves (wear the heck out of them while working in the woods and dealing with deer), Stihl (all they do is work) and Fiskers (sp?) pole and hand saws (they aren't professional, like Silky and they do break too often, but their hand saws cut very easy and their top end pole saw is what I just keep buying every year.

I know that many here appreciate listing affiliations and products in signatures and completely understand why. The only reason I don't is because I fear it'd make me look like a jerk or that I'm just posting to get these companies promotions.
Paid pro staffs for, in no particular order:
Rage
Mathews
Wildlife Research Center
Block
IQ Bowsight
GlenDel Full Rut
Easton
Antler King
Rivers Edge/Leverage Treestands
Reconyx
Heater Body Suit
Hunters Safety Systems
Nocturnal Lighted Nocks
and, to a lesser level, LaCrosse and Scent Lok

I suspect those companies would appreciate it, but I'd have to believe you people would get real sick of it after a while and it'd make me look like I was trying to show off &/or that I was just posting to keep getting those company names out there. So, I just pretty stay away from talking about products all together. When I do, I mention that I pro staff for that company or a competitors in the post. I'm not trying to hide it, just trying not to be any more obnoxious than I naturally am.

Anyway, you all will be free of my ramblings for a while. I'm leaving on a family vacation in the AM, stopping home for a cup of coffee after and then I leave again for long term clients work. So, I won't be around much for quite a while. Figured this thread served as a good excuse to explain why I don't list that and various websites in a signature.
Interesting thread idea. Could be real helpful to some.

Have a good vacation steve! You'll be missed around here until you get back.

Obsession bows
Remington 870
Dodge ram
Natgear
Thermacell
War eagle boats
Hevishot
Nap broadheads
Kawasaki wheelers mine is 18 this year and still plugging.

SMSMITH - if I had your deer problems I would more than likely drink a few more brews as well! So I understand why these are important. Just having some fun.

Nope, no reason to...I live and hunt in MN o_O
I guided Stu a time or two. He was less impressed with Mn after my guiding.

He says Mn. hunting is bad and my guiding is worse.

seriously, stu..I got a hot tip on a lake near you......

I would have to say,

something I had out of a pint jar, yesterday morning-it was the best

chestnut crab apples

dolgo crab apples

yearling or fawn venison

Cold Spring bakery products (I didn't mention the brewery)

my wife's cranberry pie

my wife's pineapple cake

my wife's pecan pie

fresh walleye

Remington guns

NRA

my great neighbors

my farm clients who are long time friends

my wife and daughters

my religious beliefs

Gee, 9 out of 15 have calories!

I hear that the QDMA is the voice of all deer hunters. :rolleyes: That should be a good thing. Right? :p

Im happy with all these products but I tinker with lots of products
bud light beer
bushnell trophy cam
rock salt and trace minerals (no particular brands)
Vortex optics
warne scope rings
hornady bullets
tikka rifles
muck boots
stihl chainsaws
red max trimmers
Ferris mowers
Glock
Kershaw knives

Last edited:
I am copying my post from TOS (yes I still agitate over there ;))
My list:
-I love my Mathews Switchback XT more than any man should love a bow. I doubt I ever get rid of it.
-Remington Model 700 Mountain Rifle in .30-06. Bought it at 15, and wouldn't want to be the man that tries to steal it from me.
-Alpen 10x42's- simply great glass for the money. They're not Swarovskis, but they don't cost as much as a vacation, either.
-Summit Openshot Climber- the platform is a little small, but it's crazy light for my long hikes.
-Headlamp- I don't care what brand, if you don't use one, you need to.
-Easton Full Metal Jacket arrows- closest thing to bullets you can shoot from your bow.
-Muzzy 3 blade broadheads- I'm pretty sure they're indestructible
-Mossberg 835- my shotgun is a stone cold, turkey killing machine up to 65 yards with Federal Premium #5 shot 3 1/2's. I'm scared what it might do with the new longbeard shells.