POS Theives

buckdeer1

5 year old buck +
Well it finally happened got hit by thieves and they stole a generator that ai had running a pump at a windmill.The bad part it was today in middle of day when i rant to town to eat lunch.They drove through a corn field also and tossed a bud light bottle that has prints.SO came out and we were able to follow and may have a vehicle ID.Put up more cams and a couple dummies.The wife said to check into cell cams that send pics to my cell.What are the best?

There are a bunch of options out there. I personally use the cuddeback cameras and have all of my trail cams sending through one cell cam (with one cell plan). They are pricey though. Spypoint has a new way to turn most if not all regular trail cams into cell ones for a more affordable price. I haven't read any reviews of that system yet. There are several recent threads on here with better info than what I can give. Maybe someone else has some more experience.

The best thing to do is to report it immediately and let the sheriff's office provide advice. If you have prints and a vehicle ID, that may be enough. Odd's are they will avoid your place for a while, so my main focus would be on dealing with them. There is nothing better than prosecution to deter others. Word gets around where the soft targets are and are not.

I would not go with cell cams. Most transmit low resolution pictures and unless you are nearby, but the time you get the picture, can you really respond in time to catch someone? I would focus more on gathering evidence for future events. Small, easy to hide, inexpensive cameras that are high resolution work best for this kind of application. I'd consider black flash. I'd set the camera in burst mode with a short delay between triggers. You will want as many pictures as the camera can take when it is triggered. White flash and red blob will give you better pics at night, but they will give away the location of the camera and the criminals will just take them. More cheap cameras is better than putting money into a cell cam and service. Criminals may find some but get caught by others. Consider unique placement. Elevating them if you have trees nearby can be effective. If you have a point source item like your generator, this can work well.

Thanks,

Jack

I have moved some no glows to areas of human travel.I found all the evidence where they drove and their tracks we also talked to some neighbors that saw a vehicle that was acting very weird and hung around a couple roads but wasn't from here.It takes me 7 minutes to get to farm and I am on the furtherest county line road from the sheriffs office so hopefully they are patrolling close by.The officer was very good to work with and I didn't ask but I got the idea he had some land

I hope you catch them!!!!

sorry to hear of your issue's I HATE Crooks there lowest of low scum on earth!

I just caught a lady stealing mail here, had the cops set up a sting in my drive way and busted her red handed after she took marked mail out of my box, for 10 days i WATCHED her go up and down the road going in EVERYONE'S mail box looking for things, every morning at almost the exact same time??

took me threatening the local cops with ME doing a citizens arrest and having state police get invoked(as local cops don;t work at time she was here??)
so they made an exception to work over time and set up and get her!!

setting up some dummy items with cam's over might help you, just be willing to risk things as if you set up junk or likes?
that might tip them off your onto them!!
Last thing the lady stealing my mail got off me, was a BRICK in a box
I was going to fill box with some critter Crap, literally, but cop asked me NOT to,a s thing would sit in evidence a long time till she gets to court LOL

Should have made up a can of gourmet coffee out of some dried manure

If we do I will

Buckdeer: Dont think they won’t come back to your land for a while because they still will if they see something of great value. I’m a retired cop and seen it numerous times. Lots of thieves are drug addicts and they will do almost anything to get high. Just an FYI.