Sprayer thats not a POS

Sawdust and Fire had a segment on sprayers recently. Their sentiments mirrored mine. To build a sprayer that doesn’t have disposable parts would make it 3-4x the cost of a Fimco. Buy spare parts and replace fittings and nozzles with brass. No more problems.

Sawdust and Fire had a segment on sprayers recently. Their sentiments mirrored mine. To build a sprayer that doesn’t have disposable parts would make it 3-4x the cost of a Fimco. Buy spare parts and replace fittings and nozzles with brass. No more problems.
I’m working on another alternative that will open up so many avenues for my spraying practices…just trying to convince the wife it’s “necessary”.

A drone?!

A drone?!
Yes. I have a bucket of spare parts. This weekend was a split piece on the intake assembly that just poured out anything I put in. I’m done with crap.

I’m working on another alternative that will open up so many avenues for my spraying practices…just trying to convince the wife it’s “necessary”.
I hear "necessary" and I think patches O'houlihan in dodgeball or Jorge Masvidal "super necessary"

First 10 seconds.

Sold the Polaris ATV I used to use with my 25 gal sprayer so I've been getting by for small jobs with my 4 gal backpack sprayer. That sprayer finally gave out on me so I went to work getting my old 25 gal sprayer back in the game. This thing is at least 20+ years old but it keeps on ticking so I'll keep on using it. Didn't want to drill holes in the tail gate of my Gator so I built a little platform/rack for it

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

Needed a new and longer hose for spraying my apple trees so I bought a new 25' hose from TSC. Couldn't find the fittings I needed at TSC but finally found some good brass fittings.
IMG_2398.jpg

When it gets near empty, I loosen the strap and lift one end of it with a scrap piece of 2X4 to get the last of the solution. Still working well after all these years
IMG_2420.jpg

Of course, I am still using the 3 Pt 110 gal sprayer for the bigger jobs.
IMG_2452.jpg

I hear "necessary" and I think patches O'houlihan in dodgeball or Jorge Masvidal "super necessary"

First 10 seconds.
Well that’s one of the greatest 18 seconds I’ve seen!! Plus I’m using that defense on the wife now. Thank you!

Guess whose sprayer was broken this weekend when they wanted to spray. This guy and his fimco…
There is no way I can click “like” on this. Failures like this are why our weekends seem so short this time of year.

There is no way I can click “like” on this. Failures like this are why our weekends seem so short this time of year.
Amen. I had to order a new part, pray it comes this week and drive back up this weekend to do what should have been done last weekend…not that I’m complaining about going back. But I was hoping to get a second touch up spray in before planting since this is a brand new plot
On a side note I’m excited about this spot. That’s a creek bank to the right. I’m coming in by kayak to that big sycamore in the middle of the pic.

75D45E6A-74EE-46D3-A629-2AF3EEBA0F7F.jpeg

What would you recommend for spare parts on a the 25 gal, 7 nozzle boom, ATV model?
I'd say nozzle holders, filters and nozzles aren't a bad idea.