Pond weeds

Oklahunter

Yearling... With promise
I have tried to kill the weeds in the attached picture with glysophate (roundup) twice and it never phased them. Does anyone know what will kill these things? Trying to do so while pond is dried up.

Attachments

• 55D8375B-ECF4-431C-AFB9-8B267F6188C5.jpeg
    55D8375B-ECF4-431C-AFB9-8B267F6188C5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 41
Catplex with an ounce of Crossbow and a little surficant mixed in.
They will start to go yellow within a couple days and die clear down to the roots….lights out.

Thank you!! I’ll give those a try.

Catplex with an ounce of Crossbow and a little surficant mixed in.
They will start to go yellow within a couple days and die clear down to the roots….lights out.
One question, do these affect wildlife that would drink the water if you sprayed when pond had water in it?

Not that I have noticed. It’s what I use in mine with water in them.

I have tried to kill the weeds in the attached picture with glysophate (roundup) twice and it never phased them. Does anyone know what will kill these things? Trying to do so while pond is dried up.

Why do you want to kill them? Are they noxious or problematic in some way? I've really reduced my use of herbicides. Don't get me wrong, there are times they are needed and I'm not shy to use them when necessary, but I've found the need case for them is quite small.

Unless those are particularly noxious, I don't think I'd worry about them. Keep in mind that many things farmers consider "weeds" are better deer food than many things we plant. My suggestion, presuming the reason you want to kill them is to plant, would simply be to T&M buckwheat into them. They seem pretty thin and a crop wile buckwheat would likely smother most of them.

Just another option to consider...

Thanks,

Jack