Plug planting tool

^^^Great thx for the measurements!

Circumference around the fat part that goes underground is 4 1/8th. The lenght of the entire piece that goes underground is about 5.5 inches with 2.5 being the angled tip.

The "wings" used to push down with your feet are about 4.5 inches each side not counting the width of the pipe. That is not very important.

The sleeve where I inserted the Louisville Slugger is about 1 1/4 inches across the opening. The top of the bat is about belt high when you have is jammed in the ground. Closer to belly button height when starting. I wouldnt mind another foot of handle so I can stay more upright but I am 6'1. Good luck.

The only real important stats are the depth and girth of the hole made for the plug. Everything else you can wing a little. Mine fit snug to almost perfect with these measurements. I usually had to give a little twist to clear it out and get a clean hole. Success rate was amazing but conditions were ideal as well.

I have no norways browsed....a few blacks and a fair amount of white spruce.

Last edited:
I'm going to try a bulb planting auger on a cordless drill for my plugs this spring, I'll let you how it goes.