Plot Pics

PRK

5 year old buck +
Thought I'd show some pics of my brassica plots as we get ready to start the archery season. There's about 5 weeks of growth on these plots. The plots back in the woods don't have the robust growth as the main plot but I think that's from not getting as much sunshine. All of the plots have oaks in or adjacent that are producing acorns this year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 52
Nice looking plots! your brassicas are looking great, that second pic is that a box blind in the back? Good luck bow hunting!

Scott44, that's one of those light weight, plastic "Big Game" box blinds that I just put out for that spot at the end of the plot. It's about 30 yards past the plot on a dry hump in a swamp that dries out in the summer. Full of tall grass. Plan is to cover the swamp and the plot during gun season. I've never hunted out of it so we'll see how it goes. My bow stand is off the side of the plot back in the woods.

Scott44, that's one of those light weight, plastic "Big Game" box blinds that I just put out for that spot at the end of the plot. It's about 30 yards past the plot on a dry hump in a swamp that dries out in the summer. Full of tall grass. Plan is to cover the swamp and the plot during gun season. I've never hunted out of it so we'll see how it goes. My bow stand is off the side of the plot back in the woods.
It looks like it's in a good spot, good luck.

Did you top dress any of the plots with fert.

No I didn't, but I did top dress my no till plots on the other thread with 46-0-0 mid summer.

This is the second year for those plots. The ph started in the mid 5's last year. After liming it was from 6.2-6.8 this year.