Planting Durana in the Spring?

I am attempting to establish the durana so I dont have to till anything in the years it doesnt flood. My land lies mostly in a flowage easement - so I really dont have much choice about food plot location - other than to sell out and move. I am attempting more throw and mow to reduce tillage - but so far, I have been unimpressed with that - but will still keep trying. I have some Imperial Whitetail clover that is eight years since planting - and has been flooded for up to sixty days at a time - and there is still some clover there - not great - but some. But, at any rate, sometimes you just have to make the best of it. My ground can be a maintenance nightmare when it comes to permanent deer food plots - but, I have duck hunted six out of the last seven days, hunting a different spot everyday - and not left my land. Have to take the good with the bad.

Yep, we all have different advantages and disadvantages. Got to play the cards you're dealt.

I am attempting to establish the durana so I dont have to till anything in the years it doesnt flood. My land lies mostly in a flowage easement - so I really dont have much choice about food plot location - other than to sell out and move. I am attempting more throw and mow to reduce tillage - but so far, I have been unimpressed with that - but will still keep trying. I have some Imperial Whitetail clover that is eight years since planting - and has been flooded for up to sixty days at a time - and there is still some clover there - not great - but some. But, at any rate, sometimes you just have to make the best of it. My ground can be a maintenance nightmare when it comes to permanent deer food plots - but, I have duck hunted six out of the last seven days, hunting a different spot everyday - and not left my land. Have to take the good with the bad.
Are you in the Morg. Spillway?

Are you in the Morg. Spillway?

No - southwest Arkansas - Corps of Engineers flowage easement around Millwood Lake.

I can not speak directly to durana, but all the clovers I have planted have been in the early fall. Late August to early September. The fields were left fallow and mowed and roundup sprayed or planted in something that grew quick and could be terminated like buckwheat. I had good luck planting that time of year so I would not even consider a spring planting.

I can not speak directly to durana, but all the clovers I have planted have been in the early fall. Late August to early September. The fields were left fallow and mowed and roundup sprayed or planted in something that grew quick and could be terminated like buckwheat. I had good luck planting that time of year so I would not even consider a spring planting.

I normally would not either, but water has been up and down on it this winter and if it killed it, I wanted something in the plots this summer.

I can totally understand that. Keep the forum informed of your progress, please.
My farmer who rents a 12 acre field of mine lost it this year to winter kill. The thaw and freeze cycle with lack of snow cover just killed the roots. There were enough bare spots that he decided to plant RR soy beans instead. Caught the rains just right and had a great looking soy bean field. There are a lot of different ways a field can die.