Plant ID - Picture This

SwampCat

5 year old buck +
Lot of folks ask for plant id help. While getting my degree in Wildlife Management, I ended up with a minor in Botany - 45 years ago. Lost a few brain cells since then and cant remember all the plants like I could when I was 30 years old. A few months ago, I got the App “Picture This” - and it is pretty dang good for identifying plants in my area. It does miss a few - usually an oddball or something in partial bloom - but otherwise, pretty dang good for those interested.

Funny you mention "Picture This", as I just downloaded it two weeks ago and was immediately impressed. With no real experience identifying different plant species, I need all the help I can get!

SwampCat, Is it totally free and / or have a different paid plan?

I've been using an app called NatureID that's also been pretty spot on but the free version limits identification to one picture a day.

SwampCat, Is it totally free and / or have a different paid plan?

I've been using an app called NatureID that's also been pretty spot on but the free version limits identification to one picture a day.
It's free. You can pay for extras but I never needed anything that you need to pay for.

I’ve used iNaturalist (free), PlantSnap (free) and Picture this. Unfortunately you have to pay for picture this but I do prefer it over the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picture this is $15 plus or minus for a year - but better than other apps I have used

PlantNet is free and has worked reasonably well for me.

Seek is also a pretty good one

Its free

bill

Picture this is $15 plus or minus for a year - but better than other apps I have used
I've been using picture this for free for years. You only have to pay if you want to upgrade to premium. Not sure what all that entails. There is a diagnose feature that I think will tell you what is wrong with you plants/trees. But I use it all the time to identify plants with no charge.

I use plantnet, it’s free and works fairly well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has become a personal ,moral imperative to learn every plant on my property

These apps are a godsend for "the cause"

bill

I’ve tried picture this in the past but it only let me have 8 pictures free then asked me to pay. I’ll download it again to see if any thing changes.