Paid $1.89 / gallon today.....

Stock price !! Nows the time to buy energy stock once in a lifetime chance , prices will turn and go up hard it wont stay here long , by long think two plus years , The money guys aren't going to let the consumer off the hook the price will be back and sooner than you think
Gas already took a jump here today, back up to $2.09, $.30 hike.

Stock price !! Nows the time to buy energy stock once in a lifetime chance , prices will turn and go up hard it wont stay here long , by long think two plus years , The money guys aren't going to let the consumer off the hook the price will be back and sooner than you think
Definitely a good time to start buying. I wouldn't call bottom yet. That's the only time I have the power to move the world markets. When I call bottom, the bottom falls out ten percent further within days.

It looks like the price has stabilized itself a bit here at least. After being at $1.96 for the last few weeks, it went back up to $1.99 over the weekend, so it appears the price drops have reached the bottom here at least. With our fuel taxes, I don't see it going much lower anyway.

It seems like they always drag their feet over here in the La Crosse area when it comes to changing the gas prices, whether it be up or down. I've driven 70 miles back to Juneau Co. and had prices in Oakdale at .10 cents cheaper than in La Crosse, only to find it .06 cents cheaper in Mauston and when I return to La Crosse 3 days later the price hasn't moved? Supply and demand I guess?

Dang MoBuck, at that price I'd start throwing a tank or 2 of premium in the vehicles every 5 tanks or so. Our premium is still at $2.49. I don't pay too close of attention to the diesel price, but I believe it is still $2.99, at the stations that are not near the Interstate at least.

Here is what kills me - same town, gas ranges from $1.70 to $2.18.....explain that? The data come from a website called gasbuddy.

gas.jpg

I find it interesting that regular used to be 10 cents more expensive than 10% ethanol here. Now it is 20-25 cents more expensive as they try and get us to CHOOSE ethanol.

Our gas price jumped up a dime here locally. Kind of a monopoly though as 2 owners own every gas station in the local area. With HyVee gas card the other day my wife was able to fill her car up that was basically on fumes for a total of $2.62! :) Of course that doesnt come close to offsetting what she wastes on shopping!

Here in La Crosse, we are in the land of Kwik Trip(for MN and WI guys) and Kwik Star(for the IA guys), They are headquartered in and own all but a handful of gas stations in the greater La Crosse area. There are a few other random gas stations, but when you own 85%- 90% of all the gas stations in an area that has around 100,000+ people, you can dictate trends in the pricing. Our pricing does not have wild fluctuations like j-birds chart shows, on the contrary, everyone is within a penny one way or the other of the Kwik Trip pricing.

Prices heading back up here. Yesterday morning it was $1.77, last night it was $1.88, and then this morning it is $1.98. Jumping up quick, looks like the good times are ending fast.

The price range shown on the list I posted - you can follow mostly across town. The higher prices are out by the interstate and the high rent district of town, while the lower stuff is on the rougher end of town. You can literally watch the price increase as the area improves. So I get gas when I'm stopping by the local meth lab - sort of kills two birds with one stone!

Hey Mo - you think I will attract a lot of attention if I hitch one of the anhydrous tanks to my truck and take it to town and park in a sketchy neighborhood? Maybe toss out a roll of garden hose, some batteries and some cold medicine boxes!!!!

I think gas prices are sticky on the way down. Our local guy back home told me he'd raise prices mid load, but wouldn't cut prices mid load. I've seen some wild margins on boat fuel in rural areas. Still buy it though.

I filled my tank for $23. the other day. Could hardly believe it.

$1.79 a gallon in Michigan this week.

Funny you should mention that MoBuck. I was just saying to the wife the other day that it wouldn't be so bad owning one of the Caddy's we used to have with gas prices like this. The d*mn parts still aren't any cheaper when they go down though!:mad: Driving around town in the DeVille was no treat on the wallet when gas was $3.85 a gallon!:eek: It did get decent mileage on the highway though around 21-23mpg.

Ah good ole Minnesota. Every two years, it's "just a little more" "It'll cost the average person less than 3 starbucks coffees per month" and the metro area sales tax. What is the sales tax up to in Hennepin county, 15%? Remember this is the same goofball that wants to build lightrail to Eden Prairie and Duluth. Be careful the fine print on this one.
sdG.png

Last edited:
Just wait til gov Dipshit gets his 6.5% gas tax put on all road fuel here right before the actual price goes up. You won't be filling your Caddy for $23 then!:eek:
Never owned a Caddy. Owned allot of brands.....just never a Caddy. Drove a new Hyundai Santa Fe down to Phoenix. :p Nice vehicle. Compared it to all the rest including Acura and Lexus......more features, warranty, drives great, and costs LOTS less. No point in high-priced cars to me. The high prices don't always deliver a better vehicle.

I can hardly believe the number of folks that are PERMANTLY moving to this area from MN. Met LOTS of them recently. They used to come here for a few months......NOW moving here permanently. Why? -high taxes and weather. Now they will vacation in MN....and live in AZ. Sadly, MN is driving away the tax-payers.

Left work tonight and needed gas, the first station I came to $2.19 and the next $1.82. Gas took a $.37 jump today, too bad it never comes down that fast.

Yup, went to $2.05 today, up .06 cents more after jumping .05 cents yesterday.

Just paid $1.58

for propane :cool:

$2.40 a gallon today. 50 cents more than last month.......Fricken crooks !!!!!!!!!