Paid $1.89 / gallon today.....

foggy

5 year old buck +
Bought gas in MO today for $1.89 per gallon. Drove all day (11 hours) for $50 worth of fuel. I don't have a Prius like that gentleman-farmer Wildfiire has....but my Hyundai Santa Fe is averaging 27 MPG loaded to the gills with stuff.....and bikes hanging on the back. AZ bound. :D

Gas prices make travel seem like a bargain again. ;)

It is 1.99 in Hutchinson. Feels good seeing the price when filling up the pickup.

Paid the same. If these prices stick around the econmy will pick up in a hurry

It never picks up in N Y, got gas yesterday. $2.72. It just went up .04 from last week. Over in PA. it's .40 cheaper but still around $2.38.

It never picks up in N Y, got gas yesterday. $2.72. It just went up .04 from last week. Over in PA. it's .40 cheaper but still around $2.38.

PA will catch up. Rhinos passed a new gas tax. It progressive. .418/gal Jan1. .58/gal by 2017.

Sorry PA. Philly and Pitts are sticking it to you.

^ Been saying for 30+ years: "wait till they gotta fix all those bridges and overpasses we're building". Lots of crumbling concrete to fix......and the money has to come from somewhere. :(

^ Been saying for 30+ years: "wait till they gotta fix all those bridges and overpasses we're building". Lots of crumbling concrete to fix......and the money has to come from somewhere. :(
Na don't sweat that. The stimulus took care of all those bridges and pot holes.

Remember shovel ready:confused:

I can remember when $5 got you a tank of gas & a 12 pack to cruise around all night & still have change left over.

Cost of production or break even in the Bakken is under $60 a barrel. Production on wells on land can be ramped-up quickly and inexpensively compared to ocean rigs. In the long run oil should stay lower than it has recently; $100+ oil.

You can thank free market enterprise for helping the poor and everybody else as our government has done nothing but kept an artificially high floor on oil prices for decades. The Bakken is on private property and therefore does not require government permits.

Hard to say where oil price stabilize but in the short run Saudi-Arabia wants to punish Iran, Russia, OPEC and clear out as much of the Bakken and other oil producers they can so they can stabilize oil higher than it is today. I understand Saudi-Arabia’s cost of production is around $30 per barrel.

I doubt gas will stay this low for a real long time but it should be much cheaper than is has been for a long time.

It is a real breather when you drive 50 miles, one way to work.

Foggy- Did you take the canoe paddles?

What is anybody's guess on what these gas prices do to the ethanol market and to future corn prices? Crop Land values and other things will follow????

What is anybody's guess on what these gas prices do to the ethanol market and to future corn prices? Crop Land values and other things will follow????
Not much. I have a hard time believing they will stay this low for long. This happened a couple years ago and it was back to $4 a gallon in a few months. It seems we have bottomed out, we have been at $2.70 for a couple weeks now. It's nice while it lasts, I have 3 trucks running at 12 mpg, but I am not counting on any real savings yet. However, a mild winter and these prices could have my bottom line looking nice and fat.

PA will catch up. Rhinos passed a new gas tax. It progressive. .418/gal Jan1. .58/gal by 2017.

Sorry PA. Philly and Pitts are sticking it to you.
That's how it always has been...I hate the two southern corners of the state. The new gov has some progressive wealth redistribution (taxes) up his sleeve that are yet to come.

Filled up at $2.29 / gallon last night.

Made a trip to Detroit this A.M. and saw gas around Flint for $1.79 and diesel was $2.89. Didn't think I would ever see it below $2 again.

True cost of Ethanol is about $4 a gallon now. How much more of a subsidy will we have to come up with is they real question?

E85 is .99 in my hometown right now

I can't believe .99. That is our governmrent at work. John-you mean less than it costs.

We need a guy like you to fix government!

$1.99 in many spots in Nebraska. Honestly never figured it would be below $2 again in my lifetime. Take advantage of it while it lasts!

Watching gas prices from MN thru Iowa, MO, Kansas, NW OK & TX and into NM. Prices have ranged from $1.89 to $2.29 throughout the area. Reporting live from Santa Rosa New Mexico.....Where its 33 degrees, dry and fair skies. ;)