Ozone

Peeps

5 year old buck +
Anyone ever build their own ozone bag or crate? I’m thinking about buying an ozone machine on amazon and drilling a hole in a big storage bin. Looking for any tips and if it’s worth my time. The stuff I’ve read makes it seem like it’s really effective.

Not sure which unit you're looking at on Amazon but some of them pump out a good amount of ozone. I've never used a tote but wonder how the ozone machine can push ozone into a box stuffed full of clothes. I guess they must work.

I have a bigger unit I got off Amazon and it runs a small portable shed. http://habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/ozone-clothing-shed.6445

It just not portable if being able to travel with it is a goal.

As far as ozone itself goes I think it helps. It's not letting me throw away playing the wind but any help I can get, I'll take.

I've used totes for years, but the last few years, I've just used contractor grade garbage bags.
I usually leave clothes stored in totes, but then, in the morning while I shower, I treat what I need for a days hunt. I'll give the bag a shake or two while the unit is running to distribute the O3.
I see no reason to store treated clothes...who knows if they can become contaminated somehow. We are dealing with critters which we have no concept of their olfactory limits. May as well just treat what you need just before the hunt.

I also like garbage bags for tossing clothes into after the hunt. I don't want to contaminate a tub by throwing used clothes in it. Plastic does absorb and hold odors. My wife has one dedicated Tupperware container for storing onion. Every other container that has had onion in, smells like onion for a long time. I refuse to throw contaminated clothes into a tub, unless the tub is dedicated for that purpose only.

Garbage bags take up less space in the vehicle, too.They will stuff into places where a tub can't.

Another thing I like about garbage bags is I use them for seat covers on the day of the hunt.
Even though I treat my truck with O3, I still don't want to sit on cloth seats after I've showered. 52 weeks a year, my truck seats have me sitting and contaminating them. Think about it...seats are padded with foam underneath. Every time we sit on a seat it billows the contaminated air. I have to believe that those odors cross-contaminate my base layer when I drive to the hunt. I dislike standing buck naked in freezing wind to dress so I do usually wear 1 base layer when I drive to the hunt and finish dressing at the parking spot. I don't want that base layer touching my truck seat so I slip a bag over the back and sit on another.
Garbage bags...cheap, they work well for multiple purposes, and you can use them for their intended purpose when the season is over. Just don't get the perfumed ones.

I like the idea of using big contractor garbage bags. Does the ozone get rid of the slight plastic smell from inside the bag?

I like the idea of using big contractor garbage bags. Does the ozone get rid of the slight plastic smell from inside the bag?
I've not noticed any plastic smell to the bags. I make sure I don't buy the scented bags.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk