Camp.Cuddeback losing pictures

MadMadHoosier

5 year old buck +
I am subscribed to the 10,000 plan. Interestingly, after purchasing that plan, my photo bank kept growing to 20k, 30k, 40k, 50k, and I finally called Cuddy when it got to 60k and told them I was getting much more storage than I had purchased. They reset things about 5 months ago and it has hovered right around 10,000 since. Then a few days ago it was just 2,500, though it is growing again and right now is at 2918. I expect it will grow back up to 10k again, but have no good reason for that expectation.

I called support this morning and they do not know what happened and do not seem interested at all in finding out what happened. They said any pics not there right now are just gone. WHY? I'm fairly aggrevated that I've lost access to 7,500 pics! I've followed up with an email to support, and thought I would post here to see if anyone else had an issue or knows of a solution.

We don't know why, but tough luck, is not good customer service!

I’ve still not received a good reason why the above happened, except it was suspected it had something to do with the new IOS app going online. But it has happened again.

After my account slowly built back up to the 10,000 picture mark (the amount of image storage I’m subscribed to) about 8,000 pictures have disappeared and I only have 2005 images available this morning. While realistically that is enough, it’s frustrating that it has happened again! Is anyone else experiencing this loss of images? John: Is cuddy aware of the problem and working on it?

While on camp problems, I also notice that my images are not always immediately displayed for viewing on camp. Even after pressing the refresh button. I will have to switch between recents, and last 7 days, to get the most current images to display. Anyone else experience this?

I just LOVE the concept of the system. So much so that I’ve invested in two complete sets - for a total of 48 cameras on my 550 acre farm. I find it more productive and cost effective that putting out half a dozen feeders with all their associated expenses. And I’m suspicious Kentucky is going to restrict feeding stations in the near future, with the concerns about CWD anyway.

One of my solar powered devices has been running problem free for almost 900 days. Four other solar powered units have been going for 400-500 days without a hitch. Just wish these glitches on camp were not happening.

I haven't had any issues with camp.cuddeback.com, but then again I haven't messed with the app either. Like you, I have the 10K picture subscription. I hit 8,000 pics several months ago and was getting very concerned...so I literally deleted every "just doe/does" picture and then started weeding out other pics. I'll hold off on getting the app until they figure things out....

I have several cameras also at 400+ days using solar...but have some concerns that older batteries increase my risk of "exploding" due to extreme weather swings. Have you had any such issues? (I'm in the Black Hills so my cameras can easily be in <0 degree weather for days on end during the winter and then 100 degree occasionally throughout the summer.

Finally, you mentioned Kentucky might be restricting feeding stations...but there is also another trend, and that is against "trail cameras". I think two states this year introduced a ban on them...I've invested quite a bit into my Cuddeback network but this is a growing concern as I think about expanding my network...

I haven't had any issues with camp.cuddeback.com, but then again I haven't messed with the app either. Like you, I have the 10K picture subscription. I hit 8,000 pics several months ago and was getting very concerned...so I literally deleted every "just doe/does" picture and then started weeding out other pics. I'll hold off on getting the app until they figure things out....

I have several cameras also at 400+ days using solar...but have some concerns that older batteries increase my risk of "exploding" due to extreme weather swings. Have you had any such issues? (I'm in the Black Hills so my cameras can easily be in <0 degree weather for days on end during the winter and then 100 degree occasionally throughout the summer.

Finally, you mentioned Kentucky might be restricting feeding stations...but there is also another trend, and that is against "trail cameras". I think two states this year introduced a ban on them...I've invested quite a bit into my Cuddeback network but this is a growing concern as I think about expanding my network...
It’s my understanding that when the 10k limit is reached, unmarked doe images will be deleted prior to images that were saved or marked as favorites. So you should always have your most recent 10k saved and favorites, a number I would not expect to reach for a very long time.

And I have not actually used the IOS app, but CL speculated that the app being integrated into their system somehow caused my images to go away. Obviously it is something else, because each time I reach the 10k limit, my images are being culled back to about 2000 images. Grrrrr.

Two of my solar cameras are the older style with rechargeable batteries in the camera. Have not had any issue with those exploding, but I have had some rechargeable cells go bad on some other cameras and those have been converted to the new solar panel with internal cells. For the moment those cameras have regular batteries in them for backup, but my worry was about those batteries aging and leaking before they are ever needed, so I might just take them out and let the camera run on the newer solar panel alone.

I have not heard about trail camera restrictions. I’ll have to start calling them ”farm security cameras”

Last edited:
I’ve still not received a good reason why the above happened, except it was suspected it had something to do with the new IOS app going online. But it has happened again.

After my account slowly built back up to the 10,000 picture mark (the amount of image storage I’m subscribed to) about 8,000 pictures have disappeared and I only have 2005 images available this morning. While realistically that is enough, it’s frustrating that it has happened again! Is anyone else experiencing this loss of images? John: Is cuddy aware of the problem and working on it?

While on camp problems, I also notice that my images are not always immediately displayed for viewing on camp. Even after pressing the refresh button. I will have to switch between recents, and last 7 days, to get the most current images to display. Anyone else experience this?

I just LOVE the concept of the system. So much so that I’ve invested in two complete sets - for a total of 48 cameras on my 550 acre farm. I find it more productive and cost effective that putting out half a dozen feeders with all their associated expenses. And I’m suspicious Kentucky is going to restrict feeding stations in the near future, with the concerns about CWD anyway.

One of my solar powered devices has been running problem free for almost 900 days. Four other solar powered units have been going for 400-500 days without a hitch. Just wish these glitches on camp were not happening.
So support thinks they found the problem. It was related so some switch they set when my 10k service was storing unlimited images. Fingers crossed!

Was this ever resolved?

Yes, I think so. But will not know for sure until the next reach of 10k Images.