Ozone

Bill

Administrator
Scotts smelly heater body suit made think to post this.

After using my brothers ozonics in a pop up blind with our hunting clothes in there I'm sold.

I ordered a plug in version off amazon for $79. My finished basement always had a musty smell. After running it for 20 minutes and airing it out the smell is gone!
I don't think I'll ever carry one to the stand but I'll have a small garden shed for my clothes and the ozone machine in it before next season.

I don't know what deer smell but to me it leaves the same smell as you get after a cold fall rain. It just smells like fresh air.

Don't breathe it though!

In reading up on it, it breaks down in like 20 or 30 minutes. I waited an hour to enter the basement and air it out.

I heard it breaks down elastic. Any truth to that?

I can't remember who posted it on here awhile ago about a closet which I think I'm going to do this year, I built a room off my polebarn so it's 10'X24' and we keep all our hunting gear in it. The closet with a ozone machine is going in this room. I going to have to do some more reading and researching this tho.

I heard it breaks down elastic. Any truth to that?

Maybe.

From what I've read it almost imeadiatly starts to break down natural rubber. Not sure natural rubber is used in anything anymore.

Nylon is a no no also.

Here is a compatibly list. Materials listed were rated after being exposed for a continuous 48 hour period which is way longer than your clothes need. 10 minutes should be over kill on clothing.

Rating (Cole Parmer)
(Ozone Concentrations not specified)
ABS plasticB - Good
Acetal (Delrin®)C - Fair
AluminumB - Good
BrassB - Good
BronzeB - Good
Buna-N (Nitrile)D - Severe Effect
ButylA - Excellent
Cast ironC - Fair
ChemrazA - Excellent
CopperB - Good
CPVCA - Excellent
Durachlor-51A - Excellent
Durlon 9000A - Excellent
EPDMA - Excellent up to 100-deg F
EPRA - Excellent
EpoxyN/A
Ethylene-PropyleneA - Excellent
FluorosiliconeA - Excellent
Galvanized SteelIn Water (C - Fair), In Air (A - Excellent)
GlassA - Excellent
Hastelloy-C®A - Excellent
Hypalon®A - Excellent
Hytrel®C - Fair
InconelA - Excellent
KalrezA - Excellent up to 100-deg F
Kel-F® (PCTFE)A - Excellent
LDPEB - Good
MagnesiumD - Poor
MonelC - Fair
Natural rubberD - Severe Effect
NeopreneC - Fair
NORYL®N/A
NorpreneA - Excellent
NylonD - Severe Effect
PEEKA - Excellent
PolyacrylateB - Good
PolycarbonateA - Excellent
PolypropyleneC - Fair
PolysulfideB - Good
Polyurethane, MillableA - Excellent
PPS (Ryton®)N/A
PTFE (Teflon®)A - Excellent
PVCB - Good
PVDF (Kynar®)A - Excellent
SantopreneA - Excellent
SiliconeA - Excellent
Stainless steel - 304B - Good/Excellent
Stainless steel - 316A - Excellent
Steel (Mild, HSLA)D - Poor
TitaniumA - Excellent
Tygon®B - Good
VamacA - Excellent
Viton®A - Excellent
ZincD - Poor

I can't remember who posted it on here awhile ago about a closet which I think I'm going to do this year, I built a room off my polebarn so it's 10'X24' and we keep all our hunting gear in it. The closet with a ozone machine is going in this room. I going to have to do some more reading and researching this tho.

The $78 model I got from Amazon would do the whole room. No need for the closet.

I started using one for my clothes and truck mid November. Have killed two bucks since, but it wasn't because of the ozone.
Some of my buddies use them in blinds and they all swear by it.
I was told u need a continuous air supply, to keep making ozone. I can only make as much o3 as there is o2, in my airtight storage closet. I don't see how that's bad, because eventually all I have is o3 in the small storage space.

The ozone generator you bought produces such little ozone there is really no danger at all to "breathing" it in. I have used higher strength ones for odor remediation. This model I would highly suggest not walking into the room. It will take your breath away!!! I used it on a car with smoke damage and it was completely and I mean completely smoke free. The 79 dollar unit from amazon is perfectly fine to breathe in, and the Ozonics unit, try to find the specs on it!! I will bet my left arm that the ozone generator in that unit is a low power unit. Oh.. I use the 79 dollar one, which I got for free for my hunting stuff. Yes, it works like a charm. There is NO risk on that unit like you are describing, I can assure you. The amount of ozone generated is minuscule, the warnings are for the units like I am showing.

http://www.amazon.com/Laboratory-di...d=1449209064&sr=1-38&keywords=ozone+generator

The ozone generator you bought produces such little ozone there is really no danger at all to "breathing" it in. I have used higher strength ones for odor remediation. This model I would highly suggest not walking into the room. It will take your breath away!!! I used it on a car with smoke damage and it was completely and I mean completely smoke free. The 79 dollar unit from amazon is perfectly fine to breathe in, and the Ozonics unit, try to find the specs on it!! I will bet my left arm that the ozone generator in that unit is a low power unit. Oh.. I use the 79 dollar one, which I got for free for my hunting stuff. Yes, it works like a charm. There is NO risk on that unit like you are describing, I can assure you. The amount of ozone generated is minuscule, the warnings are for the units like I am showing.

http://www.amazon.com/Laboratory-disinfection-concentration-wastewater-ZTW-6G/dp/B00UC0Z5LM/ref=sr_1_38?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1449209064&sr=1-38&keywords=ozone generator

Thank you, great info. The little unit I have advertises 4000 mg per hour. Which I'm sure is over stated. With your experience how long (roughly) do you think it should run to eliminate Odor in clothing. In say an 8X8 shed.

Also I posted incorrectly. My unit looks just like the $79 dollar one but I got the $120 unit with extra plates.

This one. http://www.amazon.com/Sylvan-Ozone-...237267&sr=1-1&keywords=ozone+generator+sylvan

Well... let me restate my position on your ozone generator. That is a higher output unit than I realized. I wouldn't have anything in there that you wouldn't want to oxidize fast. Like electrical, rubber things, wiring, etc. I would "think" with that unit. 4 hours would be more than adequate. You can try 6??? My generator is much smaller and I just saw the price on Amazon and it's 39 bucks. I like the unit you are buying and it's a great value!! Just don't go crazy with it. I would open the door to the shed for a few minutes before you walk in. Oh...

If possible and it's "a new project." I would install the unit outside and pump the ozone in and than you can be a lot safer. You will ONLY be pumping in fresh ozone and not converting ozone which leads to the bad stuff. Smaller generators its not a big deal, but your generator is much larger. I found a video that kinda shows what I mean to a car that is being restored. If it was ME and I had that unit, I would NEVER just put that unit in a shed, I would pump in the ozone. You will have problems long term.

Well... let me restate my position on your ozone generator. That is a higher output unit than I realized. I wouldn't have anything in there that you wouldn't want to oxidize fast. Like electrical, rubber things, wiring, etc. I would "think" with that unit. 4 hours would be more than adequate. You can try 6??? My generator is much smaller and I just saw the price on Amazon and it's 39 bucks. I like the unit you are buying and it's a great value!! Just don't go crazy with it. I would open the door to the shed for a few minutes before you walk in. Oh...

If possible and it's "a new project." I would install the unit outside and pump the ozone in and than you can be a lot safer. You will ONLY be pumping in fresh ozone and not converting ozone which leads to the bad stuff. Smaller generators its not a big deal, but your generator is much larger. I found a video that kinda shows what I mean to a car that is being restored. If it was ME and I had that unit, I would NEVER just put that unit in a shed, I would pump in the ozone. You will have problems long term.
A]

Thank you!
Good info.