Orchard Plot

Big Nasty

A good 3 year old buck
I got after it for 3 days this past week. Planted roughly 50 grafted apples, pears, and crabapples along with 40 or so persimmon seedlings and 50 shrubs. All were caged and a 3’ x 3’ weed mat was put down. Roughly 15’ x 20’ spacing. Put down lime and planted winter rye and clover last fall.

Was thrilled with my trees and shrubs from Bluehill Nursery, Turkey Creek Trees, 39th Parallel, and MO Dept. of Conservation. Probably the best values out there depending on what you’re looking for.

Shall see what happens!7F656E89-1612-40AF-ABED-F7A5B5B3BB96.jpeg

Holy smokes! That's a lot! Good job brother!!!

Great job. Hopefully the hard work pays off years down the road. As you know, it becomes a sickness.

Nice work! Is big nasty your profile buck? That thing looks like a tank.

I take it you got the persimmon from MO conservation? If so, then you're the one who ransacked them! Haha, I tried placing an order for some but they sold out.

I take it you got the persimmon from MO conservation? If so, then you're the one who ransacked them! Haha, I tried placing an order for some but they sold out.

Yea, I was able to order 50 from MDC. I think you need to order early with them for certain varieties. They open up ordering on 1SEP each year and by 3SEP, they were already sold out of a few varieties of shrubs that I wanted.