Opened the Mailbox and got a Big GRIN

If it's a January 10th deadline I just squeezed in....finger crossed.

Well I will keep my fingers crossed! Maybe my mail lady will have something good today.

Dates and info from the GRIN apple catalog pdf download:
  • Orders for dormant scions (limit 25) must be received by January 10 in order to ship by March 20.
  • Orders for summer bud wood (limit 25) must be received by July 15 in order to ship by August 20.
  • Original apple seed from Kazakhstan is reserved for use by scientists doing genetic research. However we can supply open-pollinated seed from our grow-outs which are a blend of all genes from many sites in Kazakhstan. Deadline for ordering is January 10th.
Edit: they would also prefer you order scions for commonly available cultivars from commercial sources like fedco or maple valley.

Mine arrived today too, looks as though I abused the system a little and ordered a bunch of different varieties to play with! Going to have to get my rootstock order in now asap. I feel like I could graft at the least two trees per stick which means I will have a lot of stink in' trees to graft!image.jpgimage.jpg

Never got mine yet.:( Though I live in fly over country so hopefully in the next day or two.

I requested late March/early April, I guess they don't go by requests!

Mine came today as well, I submitted the order on January 9th.

I recived Keegan’s Crab, Cox Orange Pippin, Black Ben Davis, and Emilia (Had to get this one as its my 7 year old daughter’s name)

Will be my first time grafting, will have to practice up on some willows or something first.

Thanks for posting this resource.

20150128_173911 A.jpg

I hope mines coming

Mine came in the mail today! Like SmallChunk, I have a lot to do. I ordered 15 types and a number of them came with 3 sticks vs the 2 that the website said. Wish I had more rootstock and land to plant them next year.
image.jpg

Great to see so many guys using this resource. Probably one of the only government subsidized programs I'll ever use :).

I am in the Carribbean and ordered on Jan 9 th. I hope mine don't come while I am away to be left in post office until Monday!!!! Yikes!!!!

A true apple nut, would cut his vacation short to come home and make sure his scion is safe

X-2 with Leexray. Apple pretender. What does the Caribbean have that we don't have besides sun, warmth, beautiful ocean, food & drink prepared for us, etc., etc. Come on - get back here into the snow & cold with the rest of us he-men !!o_O:confused::D

Ok after going through these lists i'm entirely 100% confused on how in the world you guys managed to make an order?

Did you pay for this or did they just give it to you, i can't understand this website for jack. Who made this thing? Ahh the gubbament, nevermind.

So you all did a request form and somehow listed what scion wood you wanted (yes I know from previous posts this should have been done before 1/10 so I know I won't be ordering this year.

I don't see an application so I'm assuming you mean this online request form? Some one help me feel less dumb about how this works.

If you can find the pdf version of their apple catalog, it has an order form and cultivars listed alphabetically. Try this link. Once you know your way, the site gets a little easier to use.

http://www.ars.usda.gov/Main/docs.htm?docid=10013

When you are looking the at the information description for each variety, there should a line that says something like "request this germplasm". You click on the link and it adds it to your order. Somehow you guys are making it way too hard .... I am not overly smart and I figured it out. :D