Old machinery sucks!

Riggsgwp->

5 year old buck +
Nothing worse than getting everything ready to plant corn just to have the planter break down. Pisses me off!:mad: At least I got it fixed but still lost half a day. I used to think having all this equiptment was so great but it's still as much work if not more than when I used the atv.

I can attest.....
Every year its something.

Makes me appreciate farmers a lot more!

Some implements are more maintenance drains. Than others. Anything with a PTO or lots of moving or precision parts can be troublesome.

Makes me never want to be a farmer period! I can understand why they are always buying the latest greatest piece of equiptment. Tomorrow I will use the grain drill for the first time I can only imagine how that will go. :(

At least we found some time to relax at the property.

I actually don't mind fixing stuff and I've gotten pretty good at it over the years but losing time is what irks me the most. My wife isn't to understanding when we're supposed to be camping and I'm working all day. Gotta make time for both I guess.

Yep I can relate. I broke 2 disks last weekend and a bolt on the brush hog this weekend. Daggummit:mad:
Gotta be a jack of all trade with this land management stuff!

New stuff sucks even worse when it breaks down. At least you have an out when you use old stuff!!!! Yesterday I went to use my 2 year old brush hog, no gear lube in it. When I parked it last year I rammed the rear wheel in to the tree I parked it next too bent the hell out of it. Hooked the PTO up to the tractor and sheared the pin on it. And got stuck... But it still beats the hell out of sitting in a office!

My old tractor is a 1957 model. My "NEW" tractor is a 1958 model! Except for my brush hog and fertilizer spreader....which I bought new...all my other machinery for my tractor is older than I am by almost 10 years.

My old tractor is a 1957 model. My "NEW" tractor is a 1958 model! Except for my brush hog and fertilizer spreader....which I bought new...all my other machinery for my tractor is older than I am by almost 10 years.
I have a late model AC WD45 195x? That sites out side spring -fall and fires every time. Less moving parts than my green ones!!!!

I use old machinery and implements. One thing I've learned is that you can't be in a hurry. Old tractors and implements are very easy to work on, but sometimes they do demand time and patience.

That set u p looks great! Enjoy the kids while they are little. The situation changes when they are 16 and 18.
The situation changes even more when your "kids" have kids that are older than your daughters (aka Grandkids.). Could not beat 'em at badminton or teatherball yesterday.....and today I got aches on my aches.

Had a pretty active day yesterday. Went shooting with my grandson and son-in-law. Pretty proud of the way my grandson can outshoot me. That kid is pretty impressive with a rifle.

The situation changes even more when your "kids" have kids that are older than your daughters (aka Grandkids.). Could not beat 'em at badminton or teatherball yesterday.....and today I got aches on my aches.

Had a pretty active day yesterday. Went shooting with my grandson and son-in-law. Pretty proud of the way my grandson can outshoot me. That kid is pretty impressive with a rifle.
I know we are stealing the thread, but I am glad to hear you had a fun weekend. I might need to get your grandson do target in that 7.08. So which side of the family does he take after?

I have a 1963 Ford 861 that we had to work on Sat. my 21 year old son and I, I guess we got to spend some good family time together lol.

My old tractor is a 1950's Johnny popper and my new one is a 70's JD 2840. Today was kind of fun planting with the drill, it worked perfectly! I think it would be neat to start a hunting camp/campsite thread. I know I put a ton of work in mine and I bet others have done the same. I'm a little worried when my boy is older he will be throwing high school parties here though.

Heres a better view of our pond.

My old tractor is a 1950's Johnny popper and my new one is a 70's JD 2840. Today was kind of fun planting with the drill, it worked perfectly! I think it would be neat to start a hunting camp/campsite thread. I know I put a ton of work in mine and I bet others have done the same. I'm a little worried when my boy is older he will be throwing high school parties here though.

HAHA I frequently run into ol buddies from highschool that bring up the kick a** parties we had at my ol mans hunting cabin! Lots of memories made. Those lil gals love it when you take them out in the country to look at the stars;)

Barracuda haha. I bet she had a name or 2 for you at times too lol

Heck my stuff isn't newer than 30 years, that's new stuff. haha It's a surprise if something isn't breaking on every project. You can spend alot more money than I have buying new stuff, it's almost limitless.