Old machinery sucks!

Heck my stuff isn't newer than 30 years, that's new stuff. haha It's a surprise if something isn't breaking on every project. You can spend alot more money than I have buying new stuff, it's almost limitless.
When something doesn't break or leak that is a dang good day!

that's all i did this weekend is work on equipment (and pulled my neighbor's f150 out of the mud. lol). i really didn't get much else accomplished, everything is in tip top shape now (outside of my truck - needs a rear diff!).

The list: fixed the daughter's '86 fourtrax and her mountain bike. cleaned the mower's deck and sharpened the blades. cleaned the carb out on the generator and the son's chinese pos atv, put a new bearing on my pos king kutter disk, greased bearings on 3 trailers, fixed one flat, there's more i just can't think of them right now. lol. it's funny how all that stuff can suck up so much time. hopefully it quiets down because the previous 3 weekends were all dedicated to fixing cars. i'm about done w/ this crap.

Last edited:
I think that's about the nicest looking camp site i've ever seen. totally jealous.

maybe if i had something like that my wife and kids would want to come up to the land more. might also have something to do w/ the fact that i make them pick rocks when the come up. haha

" i'm about done w/ this crap."

Ha, I cant think of how many times I said those words out loud. Yet I am back up there every spring doing it again. :)

I think that's about the nicest looking camp site i've ever seen. totally jealous.

maybe if i had something like that my wife and kids would want to come up to the land more. might also have something to do w/ the fact that i make them pick rocks when the come up. haha
It took a lot of work to get this but it was well worth it. My wife now let's me do habitat work only because they are there and we are "spending time together"

Hahaha! Every spring my wife hates me for a month. More than normal that is. All the frustration with break downs, Extra cost you don't plan on, empty check book etc...etc.

But I would not trade it for the world. Beats working in the concrete jungle I helped build for 30 years.

I actually like that kind of stuff. but it's so frustrating when you have $300 of food plot seed ;) sitting in the back of the truck and rain in the forecast.