oats, peas, and...

nwmn

5 year old buck +
I've got a plot prepped to plant oats and winter peas this weekend. I've got tillage radish seed that I am sure to have leftovers. should I put some radish in this plot as well or is that overload? with this oats and peas mix am I safe at about 50# of each per acre? I want to throw about 4# of radish because they hammered them last year. am I being dumb for questioning it or should I hold off?

Not dumb at all. Get those radish(4 or 5lbs/ac) and some rye(1 bag-56lbs/ac) in there as well, your peas and oats will be dead after the first couple frosts and you will have nothing left in that field to draw and feed deer especially in NW MN. Get them in ASAP, as you never know how soon those frosts will come.

Not dumb at all. Get those radish(4 or 5lbs/ac) and some rye(1 bag-56lbs/ac) in there as well, your peas and oats will be dead after the first couple frosts and you will have nothing left in that field to draw and feed deer especially in NW MN. Get them in ASAP, as you never know how soon those frosts will come.
X2, I would add both radishes and rye the rye will be one of the first greens in the spring to help them out.

Convinced me. Good call on the rye. gotta have something in there after the frosts and when spring comes. Should have all that in tomorrow. Thanks for the convincing.

Why not throw some clover in there for next year right away too?

I'll probably mix this in there too, good suggestion.