nut and seed trade 2014

Anyone have access to a red fleshed apple?

I could provide scions for a Geneva Crab if you're interested: http://www.fourseasonscabinrental.com/geneva.jpg

Here's the description I put together for it:
Geneva Crab
(Bloom: Poor Pollinator; Ripen: Late August/Early September)

Developed in Ottawa in the 1930’s in concert with the Geneva Agricultural Experiment Station (part of Cornell University), the Geneva Crab is a 2.5” dark red crabapple with rose-red flesh and a very tart flavor that is popular for use in cider/juice. The leaves on the tree are red / purplish and the blossoms are red-pink. An early season variety, the fruit ripens in late August / early September but will stay on the tree throughout the season. Geneva is resistant to almost all races of scab fungus.

<--- this idiot is back on track. I DO have english acorns as you can see by this pic, lets rock this thing out. Anyone want any?

image3_zps3be677b7.jpeg

On the right at the bottom are just White Acorns, the rest are English.

Wanted to make sure I followup on this. I do not at all claim to be an expert here. The ones I think are the english (again my best educated guess at comparing things) are from this tree.

image11_zps10996422.jpeg

image9_zpsd8ee92a3.jpeg

image12_zps9d65a89b.jpeg

image10_zps18aed624.jpeg

Thoughts on this one? I can't take pics of the trees where the other acorns came from till I go hunting tonight hopefully.

I still have a bunch of bur oak acorns that need a good home......they are nice ones with some about the size of ping pong balls.

I have about 250 chinkapin acorns free to a good home if anyone is interested.

I still have a bunch of bur oak acorns that need a good home......they are nice ones with some about the size of ping pong balls.

Still have about 250 of these left if anyone wants some.

Where are you located ?

I will shoot you a PM. Thanks

I just rececived some persimmons seeds from non-pro-archer, thanks, and have a question on keeping the seed over the winter. Do you keep them in the fridge like you acorns or is there a better way to keep them until I plant them? Thanks in advance.

They have to be stratified for a certain number of days, I will pull mine out of the refrigerator in March and get them started. It takes awhile for them to sprout so don't throw them out if they don't sprout right away

Bur Oak Seeds
he attached photos show very large Bur Oaks that were gathered this weekend; most Bur Oaks in this area (zone 5/6) were off the tree 7-10 days ago. These are great to plant among SWO's or Chinkapins for the possibility of cross pollination. Will ship 30 acorns off this BO parent tree and 20 large SWO's for $16 to-your door.
Big BO_10 -2014 opt.jpg Big BO1 10-2014 opt.jpg

They have to be stratified for a certain number of days, I will pull mine out of the refrigerator in March and get them started. It takes awhile for them to sprout so don't throw them out if they don't sprout right away
thanks!